Home

What offense do you run?

This is a discussion on What offense do you run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What offense do you run?

I swear by Air Raid or Run and Shoot in most dynasties, decided by coin flip. In my Bama one, I'm sticking to a modified one back system since I'm able to pull in a stable of running backs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #42
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

I like playing with the Air Raid but I always seem to revert back to a spread option system....I run Oregon's playbook mainly based on zone reads
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #43
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

I run a true multiple offense on my games.

I use a few flexbone sets to help my run game out. The pistol set when I want a good short or medium range pass. The shotgun for medium and long range passes and the singleback and I-forms for runs and short passes.

I know it sounds like I'm using a power house but I'm not. You take just about any school and use these sets in a game with the right strategy and you can dominate some pretty tough schools. I played on heisman and beat Texas with Rice using my playbook. If you know the sets to use and when to use them you can always win. But I'll let 49-45 speak for itself.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #44
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to run a balanced spread offense out of the pistol and shotgun. The key is to have a strong and balanced o-line, and WRs who are a deep threat. When you spread the field sideline-to-sideline, the defense has to choose to leave safeties deep to defend the deep pass which will leave you with favorable numbers in the box to run or bring the safeties down to help with the run leaving your receivers in 1-on-1 coverage on the outside.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
...That description of the Run n Shoot doesn't sound right at all.
I didn't think so either. I thought it uses 2x2 formations to run combo/option routes to the side of the field that has the advantage.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 10-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #46
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Pro Style option/ power run. I like to pass outta run formations and run outta pas formation. I want to be able to run any play at any time and have success because u can't key in.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #47
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I didn't think so either. I thought it uses 2x2 formations to run combo/option routes to the side of the field that has the advantage.
I know that the previous explanation of the Run and Shoot was terrible, and I'm no expert but I will say that from what I've seen/read about it, it seems almost every play has the WRs in "option" routes, where depending on what their defender does, decides what route they run...so it's actually pretty complex for the QB and WRs to be on the same page every play.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #48
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
I know that the previous explanation of the Run and Shoot was terrible, and I'm no expert but I will say that from what I've seen/read about it, it seems almost every play has the WRs in "option" routes, where depending on what their defender does, decides what route they run...so it's actually pretty complex for the QB and WRs to be on the same page every play.
Well I'm not really an expert either but I know this as well about the Run and Shoot since my high school uses it to some extent. On most plays the receiver does have an option route but also there is a lot of motion from the receiver before the snap. Like the X will motion inside of the Y to try and make the defense expose their coverage.

It is mostly about reading the defense yourself though. Its a very complicated system to learn for both quarterbacks and receivers but if the receiver can't make a read on the play there is a set route he is supposed to run in the first place so that the quarterback can eliminate him from his progression. I know the most common route, at least in our offense, is the receiver is running a 10 yard curl but as he reaches the end of his route he can make the decision to run an out route, or a post, streak, etc.

The game makes it a lot easier than it looks because the play is right in front of you. For an inexperienced player or one that is just being exposed to the system it isn't unusual to run the wrong option route on a play, or run the wrong route altogether.

I'm a receiver so I can't really speak on behalf of the QB but on some plays he does tend to throw the ball in the wrong direction due to either him or the receiver misreading coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »