Home

Weird QB Cannon Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Weird QB Cannon Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Weird QB Cannon Arm Glitch

I was playing the game last night and the strangest thing happened. My QB developed a cannon for an arm.

I was on my own 30 yard line (i think) and ran a playaction bootleg pass with my #1 Wide out streaking up the field.

The reciever gets probably 3 steps on the CB, and the Safety was frozen because of the playaction. So I was excited. As my QB is curling to the right, I see the open reciever, and push up on the control stick, and chuck that ball deep.

Here's the problem. The ball ends up landing in the back of the endzone, about 10-15 yards past my reciever. I thought about it and on the instant replay I realized my QB was standing on about the 25 yard line when he threw the ball. Which means the ball traveled, about 85 yards. Good God, that's a deep pass from a guy who's throwing power is about 80. I assume the issue is because his accuracy is in the 70s, so they made the ball inaccurate, but in doing so made the throw really unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ive seen it a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Weird QB Cannon Arm Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBean
I was playing the game last night and the strangest thing happened. My QB developed a cannon for an arm.

I was on my own 30 yard line (i think) and ran a playaction bootleg pass with my #1 Wide out streaking up the field.

The reciever gets probably 3 steps on the CB, and the Safety was frozen because of the playaction. So I was excited. As my QB is curling to the right, I see the open reciever, and push up on the control stick, and chuck that ball deep.

Here's the problem. The ball ends up landing in the back of the endzone, about 10-15 yards past my reciever. I thought about it and on the instant replay I realized my QB was standing on about the 25 yard line when he threw the ball. Which means the ball traveled, about 85 yards. Good God, that's a deep pass from a guy who's throwing power is about 80. I assume the issue is because his accuracy is in the 70s, so they made the ball inaccurate, but in doing so made the throw really unrealistic.

How windy was it? Usually when the wind is >10mph and you throw up a bomb, you will always overthrow the receiver by at least 5-10 yards, sometimes more.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

sebastiancane's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Weird QB Cannon Arm Glitch

Another thing that may have affected accuracy is whether or not the QBs feet were set. Was your QB still moving when you chucked the ball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »