Home

Figured out why WR screens and bubbles dont work

This is a discussion on Figured out why WR screens and bubbles dont work within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Figured out why WR screens and bubbles dont work

The midfield screen, especially if the def goes to zone...man...unstoppable...I played online with Florida recently had rainey and thompson(?) at wr, they caught those screens and were just gone
Old 10-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
Banned

Quique987987's Arena

OVR: 2

I absolutely cannot run any type of screens the way they're intended. The only time any work is if I roll to the opposite side of the screen, but then I'm throwing about a 30-yard horizontal pass.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I really wish the bubble screens were blocked properly. As someone who likes to run the spread option, it's the perfect play to audible to if the D stacks the box. Unfortunately the execution is lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I really wish the bubble screens were blocked properly. As someone who likes to run the spread option, it's the perfect play to audible to if the D stacks the box. Unfortunately the execution is lacking.
I agree with you on the bubble screens..I also run spread-option, and its such a pain that the bubble screens never work...but the Mid Screens are awesome
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

WR screens work for me on varsity. I have them go for 20+ yard plays fairly regularly.

Mid screens are almost too good.

I've probably had more interceptions than completions on bubble screens
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy

Agreed, I believe the problems with these plays are two-fold:

1. If you call the play from the huddle (at least on Heisman) the D 99% comes out in a man defense

2. Problem #1 results in the D immediately jumping the screen, and I believe the problem is, as mentioned in the OP, that the WR's will not even attempt to make a block until the WR catches the ball (possibly affraid of PI which is never called anyway), so in essance it is a timing issue.

The other problem with a lot of the WR screens is that once you catch it the WR usually turns like an 80 year old man trying to do the twist, and never gets up field.

Last edited by franko3219; 10-17-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
Rookie

I used to absolutely hate bubble screens until I figured out how to make them work...DON'T let the play develop. Hike the ball & throw it to your receiver as soon as possible. If you let the play develop, the corners will get past your blockers and tackle you immediately.

For the mid-screens, I make sure that I throw the pass while the receiver is still moving. If he catches the ball from a stand-still, it'll take him too long to turn and accelerate up field.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Rookie

you have to call the play when the defense isnt expecting it. So have it as one of your audibles. When the defense is pressing it probably isnt the best time to call a screen. Wait til you think they are in a cover 3, so that the corners arent sitting. It also helps if the defense isnt in the Dime or Nickel formations because then they have two corners sitting.

Kansas Track & Field LJ

PSN: Dancer_Dancer

#nowplaying Without Walls - Memphis May Fire

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »