Home

Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

This is a discussion on Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Gameplay AI issues that need to be tuned with video proof

I'm hoping someone at EA or Gamechangers or TSO takes this thread and shows the developers.

And yes, it's a high priority enough for these inadequacies to be programmed into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Prime example of player mirroring among players. Both defensive linemen jumped not only very HIGH for their weight, but both of them jumped the same way with their right leg up & hands held the same way.

If you already noticed(probably known already), all of the players get off the snap at the same exact time. IRL, Dlinemen dont get off the snap at the same rate.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm hoping someone at EA or Gamechangers or TSO takes this thread and shows the developers.

And yes, it's a high priority enough for these inadequacies to be programmed into the game.
Exactly, we shouldnt have to spend time trying to find a way around issues instead of playing. I shouldnt have to audible to certain plays so the CPU doesnt know what it is.

Last edited by illwill10; 01-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #68
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

BullRush

This why the bull rush animation FAILS. The animation is flawed in the sense that for some reason the defensive player FOLLOWS the offensive lineman down to the ground hunched over and he STAYS bent over like that until he walks over the down offensive lineman.

Mean while, the RB in this case, sometimes it be the QB runs right passed him. No defensive lineman in real life follows the guy he just knocks over down to the ground like that.

Instead they push them on their butt and KEEP GOING forward. I watched this replay 20 times in disbelief. His 2 hands NEVER left the offensive lineman's chest at all during the whole fall on his butt animation process. As though he was gently laying him down or something for he wouldn't get hurt.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #69
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If you already noticed(probably known already), all of the players get off the snap at the same exact time. IRL, Dlinemen dont get off the snap at the same rate.
Yes I noticed this as well. Kind of funny when I looked at my defensive line on one play the LE and left DT stepped off with their left foot in sync and the RE and right DT stepped off with their right foot in sync at the snap of the ball.

This is football not synchronized swimming.

Seriously people zoom out and look at it in instant replay in slow motion. Every play is ALWAYS 2 people doing the same thing in SYNC on the offensive line, defensive line, WR/DB and a LB/Saftey.

It is mirroring throughout the game every play. That kills the realism of this game when you see mirroring all over the field. Hopefully they get this fixed.

Doesn't take a MIT degree or 4 years of college football as a starter to see there is severe mirroring and other game play AI issues in the NCAA game series.

Would make a great back of the box feature:

Zero player mirroring
Zero suction
Improved Special Teams
All Penalties get called

I even got a one liner they can use in bold letters at the top on the back of the box or during the game intro:

This is college football, not synchronized swimming.

Why I even wrote a game intro for them that they can have the guy say during the intro while the game highlights play:

This is college football, not synchronized swimming. Players are individuals, they move separately not as one, one might take an outside shoulder rush path to the QB, while they other might decide to take an inside shoulder rush path to the QB. In football players are as unpredictable as the seasons. In this sport, you get called for pass interference and defensive holding. Blocked punts and blocked FGs are a part of the tradition, kicking a punt or FG isn't automatic drama free. A kick returner and punt returner are as deadly as a dual threat QB. They can change the momentum of the game in a blink of an eye with a return for a TD.

Welcome to NCAA 13, where anything can and will happen. Are you up to the challenge ?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #70
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I hate to bring it up but they need to watch APF for one maybe two passing plays and see how the lineman interact with each other. That game had its flaws but the programming of the lineman were top notch. No two DL were doing the same move or going in a mirrored direction.

Actually taking the logic from earlier maddens where you could control what type of rush move you can do be it a spin, rip, swim or bull rush would do wonders. Give the CPU the logic to do this every play.

AND STOP WITH THE DT THROW AWAY MOVE THAT OVERRIDES EVERYTHING INCLUDING SLIDER ADJUSTMENTS.

I really wish solmeone would answer why their line logic is written in the code that way. I know its lots of lines of code for madden/ncaa but that is still sloppy work in my view and taking shortcuts. Just a personal view of course.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I HATE the Bull Rush animation where the DL runs the OL to the ground. Thats a win for the Offense when it happens. It doesnt affect RBs on running plays even if it happens right in front of them.
We should be able to break out of animations. I dont like when I press Swat Ball and my defender goes for a pick instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #72
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Skillz reminds me of me eight years ago when I sent the development team a 3-page hand written letter with a list of about 30 core design flaws that I thought they should fix when they transitioned to this current generation. Now of course the letter could have just went into the the round file, but it was quite cathartic writing it. When the first version of this game came out for the 360 and they had fixed about 5 of them, I realized that my expectations were simply way too high, so I decided to bow out and let the younger folks fight the good the fight.

The good news now is that I know for sure that they see and hear about all of the problems with the gameplay/A.I., but the bad news is that so many of those things that I wrote about in that letter still haven't been fixed.

Keep pounding away guys, maybe someday things will break our way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »