Home

Why don't DB's/WR's jump when told to?

This is a discussion on Why don't DB's/WR's jump when told to? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Why don't DB's/WR's jump when told to?

Something I think that really makes the passing game have a broken feeling are player inability to jump. I can't begin to tell you how many passes I've missed or had picked because when I tell a DB/WR to jump they do this ice skating type animation and just put their hands out very slightly. No jumping at all, I can't get them to turn and face the ball like they should.

This happens in Madden too and I don't know if it's a bug/glitch or not. But I have seen them jump like they should when it's an AI defender. It doesn't make any sense.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why don't DB's/WR's jump when told to?

I hear you on that one. Very frustrating. You time it perfect, but for some reason the AI has a force field around them where you cant jump at the same time as them.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
Something I think that really makes the passing game have a broken feeling are player inability to jump. I can't begin to tell you how many passes I've missed or had picked because when I tell a DB/WR to jump they do this ice skating type animation and just put their hands out very slightly. No jumping at all, I can't get them to turn and face the ball like they should.

This happens in Madden too and I don't know if it's a bug/glitch or not. But I have seen them jump like they should when it's an AI defender. It doesn't make any sense.
I agree with you. But the button isn't a "jump" button, it's a "interception" or "catch" button. I think it's a lack of animations for DB/WR interaction and actual jump catches.

Watch me play video games
Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
I agree with you here...it's very frustrating when you have a possession receiver with 90 Jumping and when you press the 'catch' button, he waits for the ball to come to him!!!

Perhaps there needs to be a 'Challenge Ball' button that you can press when your the wide receiver that makes the reciever go up for the ball on a deep streak with a CB on him...or comes back to the ball more on a curl route...maybe make there be a catching penalty when you take this risk and it will be a risk/reward factor?

This would make red zone passing 10x more exciting as well because post routes to the back cones would be more realistic as well!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Do you press the sprinting button when doing so? That's probably why.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »