Home

What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

This is a discussion on What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see improved in NCAA 13
WR/DB Interaction 208 65.41%
Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction 166 52.20%
CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running 148 46.54%
Tackling 93 29.25%
Commentary 165 51.89%
Dynamic Weather 110 34.59%
Dynasty 190 59.75%
Road to Glory 66 20.75%
Special Teams - blocking on returns and blocking of FGs/Punts 149 46.86%
Presentation - Pregame, Halftime, Post Game 152 47.80%
Coach Mode - coach mode online, coach mode online dynasty 46 14.47%
Sliders - More sliders 105 33.02%
Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out 171 53.77%
Player Models - Body types, stances, running styles, throwing styles, hair styles 137 43.08%
Equipment 90 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #73
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

tl;dr everything so sorry if this is a repeat.

Physics. Whether it's offensive and defensive line interaction, player momentum, warping DBs, WR/DB interaction or pogo jumping LBs.

Make size matter. I guess this could be a part of physics. But what's the use of me recruiting bruiser RBs, hog molly offensive linemen or space eating defensive tackles if the linemen play the same as their 260-270lb counterparts and the 220lb RB plays the same as his 185lb "change of pace" mate.

Crowd noise and college sounds. I don't need gimics here, just improve the college atmosphere. Maybe some real band sounds. Cheer when the crowd should be cheering, get loud when there's a turnover and go crazy when the defense creates a turnover and scores. Right now everything is absolutely the same and bland no matter if it's a score to go up 30, a game changing touchdown or interception to seal the game. Bring some emotion to the contest.

I went to the B1G Championship game two weeks ago and just could not believe how loud and frantic it was for both Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Play Action. How long has it been since this has worked correctly? I like to try and run a pro-style attack. While play action should be a significant part of this style of offense, you can't take a chance on play action in this game when it's likely your QB will take a sack before he finishes his play fake animation or immediately after.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #74
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

P.S.

Custom playbooks. I don't even know where you start to fix it, but if it's still broke then just remove it. Adding plays, removing plays, ghost formations and plays, sorting aka no sense of ordering. It was a mitigated disaster unless you took a days work to try and figure out the method to EA's madness.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #75
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
k
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
P.S.

Custom playbooks. I don't even know where you start to fix it, but if it's still broke then just remove it. Adding plays, removing plays, ghost formations and plays, sorting aka no sense of ordering. It was a mitigated disaster unless you took a days work to try and figure out the method to EA's madness.
I know where to start fix the bugs!!! Then allow us to make playbooks from scratch that way there are no locked formations, next let us pick order of formation and sets, choosing our 4 formation audibles would be another point of this feature, finally allows us to make our own packages, formations and plays!!!! That sounds like a winner to me.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 12-19-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 20

A lot.

I want to see different blocking scheme. I want to see the wide splits of an option or air raid on the OL. I want to see the power blocking scheme of Alabama, and the finesse zone blocking scheme of Oregon.

I want to see AI that makes sense. I want to see players performing their assignments. If a CB is to drop into a zone, he should drop into a zone, not instantly crash into the backfield because he knows the play before you snap the ball.

I want to see actual physics. 300lb DT's shouldn't have agility/acceleration ratings anywhere near a HB/WR.

I want to see better ball trajectory, less superman jumps by the LB's.

I want to have the ability to completely redo conferences. If I want 4 super conferences and 4 underlings, I should be able to do that, even if it means getting rid of a conference (ie: independent). More to that, I want to be able to schedule neutral site games (such as at Cowboys stadium, or Fed Ex Field).

I want to see the players on both the HUM/CPU side performing their assignments without having to drastically dumb down/enhance the other.

Lastly, I want to see incoming freshman rated properly, and existing players rated properly. Existing players are rated far too highly and are far far too powerful, and incoming players are rated far below what you would think for a top 100 recruit or a top 150. My 84 rated freshman shouldn't have an awareness of 37. My 58 rated freshman shouldn't have an awareness of 75.

College football's lifeblood is the option. There's at least 1 option play in about every playbook. yet it's neither blocked properly, nor executed properly.

Get rid of jump the snap. the CPU jumps the snap and does a swim move at the same time, it's "unblockable". In 2011, the CPU jumped the snap about 80% of the time. People say, change your snap count. My guy goes false start. If you run an up-tempo offense like Oregon, they are snapping the ball between 30-26 seconds. every play. try doing that and the CPU jumps the snap 100% of the time.

There's just so much that needs to be adjusted IMO for NCAA 2013. Custom entrances are nice, dreads are great, the graphics are amazing. Can we get the gameplay right or at least better than it's been the last 4 years?

Last edited by pdiehm; 12-14-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
tl;dr everything so sorry if this is a repeat.

Physics. Whether it's offensive and defensive line interaction, player momentum, warping DBs, WR/DB interaction or pogo jumping LBs.

Make size matter. I guess this could be a part of physics. But what's the use of me recruiting bruiser RBs, hog molly offensive linemen or space eating defensive tackles if the linemen play the same as their 260-270lb counterparts and the 220lb RB plays the same as his 185lb "change of pace" mate.

Crowd noise and college sounds. I don't need gimics here, just improve the college atmosphere. Maybe some real band sounds. Cheer when the crowd should be cheering, get loud when there's a turnover and go crazy when the defense creates a turnover and scores. Right now everything is absolutely the same and bland no matter if it's a score to go up 30, a game changing touchdown or interception to seal the game. Bring some emotion to the contest.

I went to the B1G Championship game two weeks ago and just could not believe how loud and frantic it was for both Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Play Action. How long has it been since this has worked correctly? I like to try and run a pro-style attack. While play action should be a significant part of this style of offense, you can't take a chance on play action in this game when it's likely your QB will take a sack before he finishes his play fake animation or immediately after.
In the game the B1G championship is indoors, yet you can see their breath, and the one year, it was snowing. The commentary said "It's cold and snowy outside, but here inside it's perfect and 70" or something along them lines, as the game was played indoors during a snowfall.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll try and keep this basic/brief.

The passing game. Give us realistic pass trajectories, have WR's and DB's play the ball realistically, not robotically. Have them both know they must get to the ball at the highest point, and sometimes the WR needs to be the defender. Get ball physics in so tip drill catches are actually possible, and so that tipped passes go up and make you gasp while the ball is in the air. Don't overdo it to where every tipped pass turns into a beach ball that is caught. And make QB accuracy work realistically. Not every incompletions needs to be a dropped catch or interception. We need QB's to miss their target more. We have overthrows and underthrows, but we need more of those, and we need way more completed passes that are off target.

Line interaction. Defensive lineman run on preset paths right now. They always follow the same paths no matter what. Have them actualy play realistically. If a DE goes unblocked, don't have him still run in an arch 7 yards deep to get to the QB when he could have easily ran straight for 2.5 yards for the untouched sack. And just have blocks play out more realistically. Not every block results in a lateral move to set a defender free. Lineman do push blockers back yards at a time. Most runs in this game come from the lineman standing still, chopping their feet for a few seconds before the d-lineman eventually gets free on one side. We need more realistic outcomes. I want more double teams in the running and passing game, more runs springing for big gains because of a good push, not because the d-linemen got free on the right side, but it was a left side run.

Ball carrier logic. Pretty simple. Have players run side to side, north and south, etc. depending on their tendency. We saw an improvement this year, but it needs to be felt a lot more. Power backs should run into contact more often, but not all of the time. They should still attempt to run around players, laterally across the field, etc. Speed backs should use more moves, cuts to avoid traffic. I want to see speed CPU backs cutting back, running sideline to sideline, avoiding contact as much as possible while their power back isn't afraid to put his head down and run, but he isn't too determined to run into the tackler that he runs straight into a tackle instead of running left a bit for the easy TD. And have QB's move around the pocket more often, rolling out, stepping up, and have them also run around, not just straight up field once they start their scramble.

Dynasty mode. Just make it more immersive. We need points for stadium upgrades, completely new stadiums, to be able to afford better coaches that have big affects that really show. We need points so we can recruit bigger recruits cross country, etc. If I am Temple, my budget to spend on coaches, recruiting, upgrades, etc. should not be the same as Texas's. Recruiting is the same at every school in this game. Pitches have different grades, other than that, it is the same thing. It should be more expensive for Akron to recruit in FL, than it is Ohio State. Akron should not have the points to recruit in FL all year for their players, they need to stick with more local talent in order to actually bring in enough players to fill their needs.

Coaches. Give them ratings, and exaggerate those ratings' affects. I'd rather the ratings have a huge impact over having nearly no impact. It would add strategy to the game and make sure dynasties play out differently all the time. A good coach can turn a program around and a bad one can destroy a program. Represent this.

And finally, spread out ratings for everyone. Coaches(if they get ratings), players, and that's really it. We need more players at the low tier schools that are low 60's overall. Most starters in the game are all 70's. We need way more 60's and even 50's, and less 90+'s. 90+ should be reserved for the best of the best, award winners, mid high 80's is the all-americans. High 70's-low 80's is the good starters. Low-mid 70's is the average starter. High 60's is the starter at Akron, but career back up at any mid major or better school. 50's is the "average" walk-on.

This would greatly increase the differences felt with each player. Using LSU and having half your team in the 80's would feel dominant compared to another SEC school like UT who has a handful of players in the low 80's, but is mostly low-mid 70's players.

Top 5 teams would have 7-8 mid-high 80's players, top 10 is 5 or so, top 20 is 2-3, top 30 is 1-2, and after that 80 overall players are a rarity.

― Plato
Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

I voted:

• WR/DB Interaction
  • Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction
  • CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running
  • Tackling
  • Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out
As much as I would love to see those other things updated to make the game look better, I would much rather have these updates that would, in my opinion, make the actual play itself much better.

I will try to write a bit more on this subject this afternoon when I have more time.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 12-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #80
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

@canes

When it comes to ratings, specifically with this games engine, you can't stretch them and expect good results. They already tried that with 11, and it was horrible. Most only want it for cosmetic reasons anyway, and it's not worth the negative impact on gameplay.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »