Home

What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

This is a discussion on What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see improved in NCAA 13
WR/DB Interaction 208 65.41%
Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction 166 52.20%
CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running 148 46.54%
Tackling 93 29.25%
Commentary 165 51.89%
Dynamic Weather 110 34.59%
Dynasty 190 59.75%
Road to Glory 66 20.75%
Special Teams - blocking on returns and blocking of FGs/Punts 149 46.86%
Presentation - Pregame, Halftime, Post Game 152 47.80%
Coach Mode - coach mode online, coach mode online dynasty 46 14.47%
Sliders - More sliders 105 33.02%
Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out 171 53.77%
Player Models - Body types, stances, running styles, throwing styles, hair styles 137 43.08%
Equipment 90 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #89
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

1. QB Short/Med/Deep accuracy ratings. Also add different QB throwing styles.

2. QB throwing trajectory changed so you can actually drop passes into windows.
-Also need to get rid of psychic and super defenders swatting away every pass and everyone magically knowing where the ball is at all times. (Need some kind of eye tracking)

3. Diversity of Moves for skill players, 240 lb. HB should not spin and juke the same as a 180 lb. speed back.

4. Overhaul Blocking

5. Improve the pass rush so that time to throw is realistic, not 6-7 seconds half the time.

6. Decreased accuracy when throwing under pressure, should make much more accurate throws with a clean pocket than with bodys all around you.

7. Make players smaller and/or slower. You can cover the whole field with a safety on a deep ball.

8. More contact/arm tackles that do not bring you down but slow you down significantly and allow others to come clean up the tackle. It seems now you really either get tackled or break it clean. Need more dragging and struggling through defenders.

9. Greater diversity of recruits. Enough of getting the same recruits ever year. Randomize it so that some classes are strong, some are weaker, some are top heavy, some are deeper, etc.

10. More player faces, this seriously goes so far in creating an individual feel and giving the players character. Like when your qb and hb both have the same cyber face it just kind of ruins it. Or when 3 of your top 4 recruits have the same face. Add a HUGE amount of faces, it cant take THAT long, and it is worth it.

11. Commentary obviously needs an overhaul.

12. WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul. You can hardly get a WR to jump for a ball, it is so unrealistic. need more battles in the air for a ball, and a LOT more deep balls need to land incomplete. It seems like 90% of deep balls are either caught or picked off in the game.

13. Do something to make the crowd feel imposing if they are imposing. Feel home field advantage playing in places like Autzen, The Swamp, etc.

14. RUNNING STYLES. I HATE how players have run in the last 2 games, they run too hunched over and too long of strides. Players should run different. Example some guys are long striders, some are normal, and some guys legs churn so fast they are a blur when they run.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #90
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
The one area I want EA to improve on more than any other area is the audio dept. It was better 5 years ago and somehow EA made it worse than last year by taking out Corso. Also, I've been to graveyards by myself that have been more lively than the crowds in '12.
Thank you! I have a lot of problems with NCAA12 just like everyone else, but the dreadful audio is a killer. I remember playing a game as Baylor against Oklahoma, I scored to come within an extra point with two seconds on the clock on an RG3 draw and.. nobody cared. Crowd was silent, announcers were talking about something else and didn't even mention the play. Then I decide to go for two and the win, and get it on a short curl route.. and nothing. No excitement, no excited announcers, just the same nonchalant attitude of the entire game. It just makes me want to shut off the game, college football is about madness and craziness.. they definitely need to add some more excitement to this game.

Note: Adding excitement to commentary doesn't mean Gus Johnson, it's lame hearing him scream the same things over and over every game. Never mind the fact that he's terrible in the first place.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #91
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The main thing I hope for is that the guys that go down to Tiburon are somehow able to get the development team to see that certain core gameplay and dynasty issues simply must be fixed. Fixed or improved in manner where that they function well out of the box, before a slider is touched or a rating is changed.

The read option game for the User and especially the CPU, can not be sub par again. Tying into to that, CPU RB's and QB's must be able to set up blocks, use moves, and run to daylight, with the same effectiveness that a User can.

The flaws in the ratings system of players, in the recruitment of players, in the depth chart management, must all be fixed in a way so that a 5' 10", 197 pound strong safety is never starting at DT for any CPU team.

I could go on, but we all know what the crushing core problem areas are.

Of course everyone wants things that are new, fresh, and exciting, but for me the fixing of longstanding issues is much more important than new stuff.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #92
Rookie

WolfmansBro's Arena

OVR: 16
Agree about the audio. It is so weak. Would love to see it stepped up next year.

Also would like to see:

- Generic Division III stadium option in Teambuilder. The practice field and high school fields don't cut it. Something with 2,500 - 5,000 seats, running track, tailgating tents in the endzones, small press-box, etc.

- More diverse penalties

- Not as many over-the-shoulder interceptions on deep balls

- Ability to edit player equipment in Teambuilder

- Less dramatic animations for the offensive hurdle. Guy looks like he's in the Matrix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »