Home

What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

This is a discussion on What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see improved in NCAA 13
WR/DB Interaction 208 65.41%
Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction 166 52.20%
CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running 148 46.54%
Tackling 93 29.25%
Commentary 165 51.89%
Dynamic Weather 110 34.59%
Dynasty 190 59.75%
Road to Glory 66 20.75%
Special Teams - blocking on returns and blocking of FGs/Punts 149 46.86%
Presentation - Pregame, Halftime, Post Game 152 47.80%
Coach Mode - coach mode online, coach mode online dynasty 46 14.47%
Sliders - More sliders 105 33.02%
Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out 171 53.77%
Player Models - Body types, stances, running styles, throwing styles, hair styles 137 43.08%
Equipment 90 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #65
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

Fix the Freezing... I have had 3 Dynasty's and ALL of them got to Week 11, Year 1 and would not advance past that point and would hard freeze my XBox. I have finally given up on this game, which is a shame because I really liked the gameplay and messing around with the photo highlights.

If EA just cleared up the freezing and annoying bugs for NCAA 13, and added NO NEW FEATURES. I would be happy.

Until I find out the freezing has been remedied, I will not be buying next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #66
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there an option to vote for everything?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #67
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I clicked about every single thing on that list to vote for it. So, instead of going into great detail about what I want, I'll go into some detail about what I DO NOT want since I believe there are so many more pressing gameplay issues to be looked at in the NCAA series:

1) I DO NOT want summer/spring drills. They always implement them horribly and I don't enjoy doing boring mini-games to improve 3 players on my roster an extra 3 points in awareness each off-season. If they bring these back, have the option to skip them all together and nothing unfavorable will happen to your team. If anything, allow the user to select 3-5 players to do drills for "extra training", but the user doesn't need to actually do mini-games.

2) I DO NOT want a spring game. It was implemented horribly the last time they had it in and there's basically no reason to even include it. In the past, nobody would improve after it and half of the time your roster wasn't even filled, so they had to include walk-ons that weren't even on your roster in the fall. (This happened to me one memorable time: Had a 6'8" WR with 99 speed in the spring game, he was nowhere to be found in fall) IF ANYTHING, have a pre-season fall scrimmage so you can see what your team can do with your full roster and you can decide after the game who to red-shirt.

3) I DO NOT want a halftime show. I'd probably skip it every time I saw it after the first time. I want to play the game, not watch an animated band and CGI cheerleaders doing dances or highlights being generically called by Kirk. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a better pre-game show. Highlight a few players in the show with some stats. Just highlighting one guy now seems a little half-hearted. I don't want a post-game show either as I'd just probably skip it. The stuff they have now for post-game is fine with me and I usually skip most of that anyway.

4) I DO NOT want different crowd animations. It gets in the way and slows the game down, imo. I'm here for the GAME. If they do add this, I want an option to turn them off. I don't care about the crowd cutaways.

5) I DO NOT want a half-hearted AD mode shaped in the form of the GM mode from MVP baseball 2005. ADs don't set food prices, don't set ticket prices or parking pricing and they sure as heck don't do advertising. There's no reason to add these in because it doesn't matter how much money you make as a college from these things. Half of the time the food prices don't even go to the school anyway, so adding this wouldn't even be realistic. They could easily use bowl success and allow you to upgrade your stadium through winning games.

6) I DO NOT want FCS schools......yet. There are already 120+ FBS schools and their stadiums/fields/uniforms aren't even 100% correct yet. Until that happens, I don't see the need in including a million FCS schools.

7) I DO NOT want discipline to return. There is no possible way to implement this in any other way that isn't completely random. If they decide to bring it back (which they probably can't because the NCAA didn't like it), then I want a way to turn it off. It doesn't belong in an NCAA game, imo. Especially with the badly implemented points system they had in past games. (Don't get me started on that)

ALSO: They need to fix the crowd volume and Toughest Places to Play effects. They had it perfect a few years ago but somehow they completely got away from what was working so well. Right now, the crowd isn't very loud and doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the players on the field. If I'm the #1 TPtP school in the nation, I want the other team to have troubles with audibles/false starts.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #68
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I absolutely agree with 5, 6 and 7. You hit the nail right on the head.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I clicked about every single thing on that list to vote for it. So, instead of going into great detail about what I want, I'll go into some detail about what I DO NOT want since I believe there are so many more pressing gameplay issues to be looked at in the NCAA series:

1) I DO NOT want summer/spring drills. They always implement them horribly and I don't enjoy doing boring mini-games to improve 3 players on my roster an extra 3 points in awareness each off-season. If they bring these back, have the option to skip them all together and nothing unfavorable will happen to your team. If anything, allow the user to select 3-5 players to do drills for "extra training", but the user doesn't need to actually do mini-games.

2) I DO NOT want a spring game. It was implemented horribly the last time they had it in and there's basically no reason to even include it. In the past, nobody would improve after it and half of the time your roster wasn't even filled, so they had to include walk-ons that weren't even on your roster in the fall. (This happened to me one memorable time: Had a 6'8" WR with 99 speed in the spring game, he was nowhere to be found in fall) IF ANYTHING, have a pre-season fall scrimmage so you can see what your team can do with your full roster and you can decide after the game who to red-shirt.

3) I DO NOT want a halftime show. I'd probably skip it every time I saw it after the first time. I want to play the game, not watch an animated band and CGI cheerleaders doing dances or highlights being generically called by Kirk. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a better pre-game show. Highlight a few players in the show with some stats. Just highlighting one guy now seems a little half-hearted. I don't want a post-game show either as I'd just probably skip it. The stuff they have now for post-game is fine with me and I usually skip most of that anyway.

4) I DO NOT want different crowd animations. It gets in the way and slows the game down, imo. I'm here for the GAME. If they do add this, I want an option to turn them off. I don't care about the crowd cutaways.

5) I DO NOT want a half-hearted AD mode shaped in the form of the GM mode from MVP baseball 2005. ADs don't set food prices, don't set ticket prices or parking pricing and they sure as heck don't do advertising. There's no reason to add these in because it doesn't matter how much money you make as a college from these things. Half of the time the food prices don't even go to the school anyway, so adding this wouldn't even be realistic. They could easily use bowl success and allow you to upgrade your stadium through winning games.

6) I DO NOT want FCS schools......yet. There are already 120+ FBS schools and their stadiums/fields/uniforms aren't even 100% correct yet. Until that happens, I don't see the need in including a million FCS schools.

7) I DO NOT want discipline to return. There is no possible way to implement this in any other way that isn't completely random. If they decide to bring it back (which they probably can't because the NCAA didn't like it), then I want a way to turn it off. It doesn't belong in an NCAA game, imo. Especially with the badly implemented points system they had in past games. (Don't get me started on that)

ALSO: They need to fix the crowd volume and Toughest Places to Play effects. They had it perfect a few years ago but somehow they completely got away from what was working so well. Right now, the crowd isn't very loud and doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the players on the field. If I'm the #1 TPtP school in the nation, I want the other team to have troubles with audibles/false starts.
Could not and would not (that's a lot of typing) have put it better. Your list of DO NOT WANT is fluff. I've played 180+ dynasty games. I haven't watched one pregame intro. Would it be nice to see the crowds be upgraded? Yes, but it would also be VERY NICE to see a corner not stop turn into a zombie if he's playing cover 3 and I run option to him.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I want to see trucking improved. I hate seeing my power back swatted like a fly by little dbs. Improved presentation too, the crowd sounds like they just don't give a crap.

And fix the lag in the menus, recruiting can be a pain sometimes because of this.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #71
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Could not and would not (that's a lot of typing) have put it better. Your list of DO NOT WANT is fluff. I've played 180+ dynasty games. I haven't watched one pregame intro. Would it be nice to see the crowds be upgraded? Yes, but it would also be VERY NICE to see a corner not stop turn into a zombie if he's playing cover 3 and I run option to him.
Luckily I can type nearly 100 wpm, so that list didn't take as long as it looked. Thank God.

Anyway, I agree that all of that stuff I listed above is fluff. However, in the past few seasons it seems that that's exactly what we've been getting in next gen NCAA games as "new additions". 3D grass (which is nice), new team intros, ESPN openings, etc. All fluff. Cool, yes, but fluff nonetheless. They had this franchise really humming back on the original XBOX and on the PS2. Amazing gameplay, awesome integration of Toughest Places to Play, great recruiting. Seems like they've been focusing on the fluff more than the substance in the past few years. I've still loved the games and have continued (and will continue) to buy them because NCAA is my favorite franchise, but I'd like to see the focus of '13 shift to gameplay additions, like they did with the slight fix of linemen play in '12 to remove suction. That was a great help. Now they need to fix DB/WR play, remove some of the WR/RB problems where the receiving animation would take you out of bounds on a route in the flat, the pass rush still isn't where it was before and fix the zone play, which still seems off to me. These are the things I think need fixed before any of the stuff I listed above.
I'd also like them to adjust recruiting some in Dynasty. I don't enjoy the randomness of the conversations as they are now. Coaches in real life rarely have to deal with pitching a bad aspect of their program to a recruit. They pitch the high points, which is what you could do in past NCAA games. The new way of recruiting is definitely tougher, but it's more of Russian roulette than real recruiting, imo.

But I'm just beating a dead horse here on OS with this post. Everything I've said here has been said before with better wordage and in greater detail. So, I'll cut this long while I'm behind. I understand the "presentation flair" is important to a lot of you, but they've been working on presentation for a few years now and I'd like to see them fix/upgrade some of the guts and gameplay issues that have arisen in the past few years. Dynasty could use a little bit of an upgrade as well. It's been mostly the same for a few years now. Still great, but starting to show some age.

That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drock1165
If your player gets tackled some way make it so equipment comes off suck as mouth peices, helmets, ect.
This along with adding streakers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »