Home

Wyoming stole a player from me!

This is a discussion on Wyoming stole a player from me! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Wyoming stole a player from me!

I am SMU in my offline dynasty. During offseason recruiting after the bowl games I had a 5* athlete that I was ahead of everyone by 750 or so points going into week 5. ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Wyominglace> was not even listed as a potential school. I do all of my recruiting and expecting him to sign when I advance to notice he went to lace w:st="on">Wyominglace>!!! How is this possible? They had the #92 recruiting class with 1 5* one 4* two 3* and a 1*. Has anyone else had a team creep in and snipe a player from you? It will be interesting to see if he is actually on their roster when I get home and advance to start the season, as I have read most athletes taken by the CPU are not placed on the roster.

I kind of actually like this though as it kind of shows a bit of realism. I know in real life kids sometimes choose a school that just shocks everyone. Time will tell I guess! However I will be playing Wyoming this year just to smash them and prove a point to those who think they will jump my ship!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wyoming stole a player from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
I am SMU in my offline dynasty. During offseason recruiting after the bowl games I had a 5* athlete that I was ahead of everyone by 750 or so points going into week 5. ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Wyominglace> was not even listed as a potential school. I do all of my recruiting and expecting him to sign when I advance to notice he went to lace w:st="on">Wyominglace>!!! How is this possible? They had the #92 recruiting class with 1 5* one 4* two 3* and a 1*. Has anyone else had a team creep in and snipe a player from you? It will be interesting to see if he is actually on their roster when I get home and advance to start the season, as I have read most athletes taken by the CPU are not placed on the roster.

I kind of actually like this though as it kind of shows a bit of realism. I know in real life kids sometimes choose a school that just shocks everyone. Time will tell I guess! However I will be playing Wyoming this year just to smash them and prove a point to those who think they will jump my ship!

They must have promised him the world...Solid Playing Time, No Redshirt, and Freshman All-American...not to mention probably a car, apartment, and living expenses haha
Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

I've seen this numerous times the later you get into a dynasty. I'll be a 6* program going after a 4* or 5* player and find myself in a battle with Florida Atlantic, Wyoming, Idaho or some other off the wall no-name program. I've never lost out to one of those schools for a player I really wanted.

Not too long ago, I was in the off-season of my Arkansas offline dynasty. By this point I was a 6* program so I could chase after 5* players with more than a long-shot at getting them. I got to off-season recruiting and saw a 5* WR sitting there uncommitted. I still had room for one or two players in my recruiting class and had a stud SR receiver graduating so I decided to go after him. I'm barely in his top 10 (#9) but even the #1 school on his list was only at about 30%-35% interest. Only the top three schools on his list had yellow bars and everyone else was red. So, I knew if I spent an hour on him every week and threw everything at him, I would have a shot. I get to week five and by this time I've worked my way into his top three along with I think Oklahoma and Texas; it was two big name programs. All three of us are dead even but, even though it's week five, we're all still at about 80% interest. None of our bars were green. I spend another week on him and sim to NSD. He didn't pop-up in my commit list so I assumed he had chosen Texas or OU. I go and look and it's neither of them. Instead, he had committed to....wait for it.....yep, Wyoming!!

I don't know what happened or how that happened. It wasn't the end of the world because I had other good WR's already on roster but it was still a little baffling.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

chowderhead's Arena

Sounds to me that an EA programmer must be a Wyoming alumni...
Old 10-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I've had this happen to me a few time but it is because of screwy recruit prioritizing by the CPU.

Say you have two scholarships left but you are in first for five guys going into the last week of recruiting. Common sense would say the CPU should work from the top of your recruit list down, but this is not how it works. The CPU choses random signing order so you don't always get the best guys on the last week.

I'm guessing this is what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmsports
I've had this happen to me a few time but it is because of screwy recruit prioritizing by the CPU.

Say you have two scholarships left but you are in first for five guys going into the last week of recruiting. Common sense would say the CPU should work from the top of your recruit list down, but this is not how it works. The CPU choses random signing order so you don't always get the best guys on the last week.

I'm guessing this is what happened.
when it was all said and done i still have 2 scholarships left to give out.....
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
They must have promised him the world...Solid Playing Time, No Redshirt, and Freshman All-American...not to mention probably a car, apartment, and living expenses haha
Those last few are greyed out unless you are playing as USC or Auburn.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

I had Idaho sign the #1 QB who was a 5 star recruit in my offline dynasty.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »