Home

Predictions for next year and final thoughts

This is a discussion on Predictions for next year and final thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Predictions for next year and final thoughts

This has easily been the most disappointing year of ncaa football for me since I started buying this game around 08. So much hype and promise, and the end product is perhaps one of the most underwhelming, if not shockingly bad, results EA has ever come up with. As of this writing I have yet to even start a dynasty mode due to a number of really silly glitches that have yet to be attended to.

Next year country starts already in just October, and franky I wont be buying next year unless a lot of improvements are made. My prediction for next year is simply this: no less than at least a 20% decline in sales.

The sad reality is I dont know if this will really help. In the end it could wind up hurting us, the end user, because EA will spend less making the game and the product gets worse. The only way this game will advance and move forward is if one or both of 2 things happen:

1) Competition. Nothing drives a product to new heights and quality like someone else doing it better than you. I wont go into much detail here because it's fairy obvious what competition does.

2) A return of some sense of PRIDE in ones work at EA. Somewhere, SOMEWHERE in that company there must be an exec or a higher up who has pride in their work and what EA does. Clearly the existing management and decision making power structure does not. This game is a rehash of a rehash of rehash, and the results speak very poorly for EA as a brand.

I don't claim to be a business expert or even a gaming expert; but I am a long time college football fan, hockey fan, and NFL fan. We are all on these boards. It's clear as day that step #1 for this series is a new engine. This gen and series has outgrown the usefulness of its current engine and physics and the results are obvious. No longer can sliders or tuner sets account for and fix physic DB's, unrealistic passing games, robotic and fake looking running, and an overall sense of cluelessness that's so pervasive in the series we almost began to accept it as the norm and the fair starting point.

As one poster said in a thread about what you wanted fixed, I echo his sentiment that it's hard to imagine EA will fix up this game enough for me to buy NCAA 13. I can hope but realistically a new engine, a dynasty mode thats deep and interesting, and the little things being fixed like psychic DB's and superman linebackers are all a pretty tall ask for this developer considering its track record.

I encourage everyone to vote with their wallets and purses next year, and let EA know that what they did to us this year was arrogant, lazy, and completely unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Predictions for next year and final thoughts

We don't need another one of this thread again. Whatever EA decides to do, they do, no way we can change that. I didn't actually read the thread, i took a glance, but from what i saw, it looks like another NCAA 12 rant.

NCAA 12 is an improvement from the other NCAA games, that's for sure. If you actually sit back and think about it, it's an improvement.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywhiteout
This has easily been the most disappointing year of ncaa football for me since I started buying this game around 08. So much hype and promise, and the end product is perhaps one of the most underwhelming, if not shockingly bad, results EA has ever come up with. As of this writing I have yet to even start a dynasty mode due to a number of really silly glitches that have yet to be attended to.
Completely agree. I to have yet to start a dynasty. By far the biggest disaster and hype failure of a game I have ever experienced in all my years of gaming. How people can say this game is an "improvement" is beyond me. Nothing flippin' works with any type of consistency. Sliders? No. Player ratings? No. Online dynasty? No. Gameplay? No. etc.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

How the hell can you judge this game if you haven't even played Dynasty? That's like saying the quality of play in college football is low, while you're watching nothing but Sun Belt games.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

guys an idiot, get out of here.

Kansas Track & Field LJ

PSN: Dancer_Dancer

#nowplaying Without Walls - Memphis May Fire
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
I completely agree with the op. I'm not falling for any cheap gimmicks like mascots, dreads, or 3d grass, or even custom conferences and updated rosters. Until this game gets a major overhaul and a new engine I'm done with the NCAA series.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Play a game in ball state or uab or some small school and then play in a larger stadium like OU or UA, OSU etc. and see how piss poor the crowd noise is. I can barely hear boos when a penalty is on the home team. Again this was hyped in July and was false

Watch recievers and DBs catch a ball running full speed never looking back. U try it and see how it goes.

Tendencies wont be fixed so if you want it right u have to go through allcthe recruits on all teams fr it to be right EVERY YEAR.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

It's Halloween
Chiefs play Monday night
American Horror Story marathon

Final Thought
Wont be forwarding my dynasty this evening.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »