Home

Aggressive Strip Ball/ Ranked games?

This is a discussion on Aggressive Strip Ball/ Ranked games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you feel about opposing players using aggressive strip as part of their game?
Using aggressive strip online is bad form... period! 4 21.05%
If they use it, I use it. 5 26.32%
Doesn't bother me because I am able to counteract it 7 36.84%
What is this aggressive strip you speak of? 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Aggressive Strip Ball/ Ranked games?

I am on the fence about this. Strip Ball Aggressive is way too over powered, I think we can all agree on that. But at the same time, without it, I never see any fumbles for my team or a CPU or Human opponent. If the penalty for missing a strip was greater than the reward, like it should be, then I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. But there is virtually no penalty. At most you give up a yard or two extra, but usually the rest of your D is there to clean up.

It really sucks playing online where everyone does this, because you HAVE to go conservative run and you HAVE to go aggressive strip ball yourself just to even it out and force them to conservative run. It is stupid.

I personally think all the adjustments should be removed from the game and replaced with a more realistic system.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Aggressive Strip Ball/ Ranked games?

There just needs to be more consequence to using it all the time... in the past there were face mask calls if you used it all game. Now, there's really nothing to discourage someone from using it because it works well and there's no downside.

I like to use tackling set to conservative + Aggressive stripping... it creates a lot of fumbles both online and off.. but it's still a bit cheesy because it can create a lot more fumbles than it should.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
What happened to the face mask calls they used to have? It added a cool risk vs. reward element to the gameplay, i would only use it when I was behind and needed a big play to get back in the game. Otherwise the threat of the 15yd facemask was too much to leave it on all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »