Home

OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mistake?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mistake? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mist

In my opinion EA has a made a huge mistake with the way they handled this year's issues. We saw it not only with NCAA 12, but with Fight Night. I have said it before and I will say it again; there is a bigger issue here. There seems to be a lack of pride in their product and a lack of appreciation for their customer.

I for one have been a huge fan of the series. I have been able to overlook the issues for the last 3 years, but this year is different. The bugs and glitches made it almost unplayable for me. Twice, I had to restart my dynasty due to freezes and I am not sure I will make it through my dynasty this year.

A game should not be stressful to play; NCAA 12 was.

With that being said, I definitely will hold off purchasing NCAA 13 next year and tune Ben out all together. That guy is just ridiculous.

They didn't get my business for Battlefield or Madden, and may lose my business for NCAA.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #58
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mist

I agree with alot of what you guys say but I believe that this issue trully comes from the crappy engine built for madden and ncaa very early on in the life of this gen then putting layer upon layer on top of it in coding and never really having the base they needed. I don't buy the tester bs. they have hundreds of testers right her in Baton Rouge. two years ago they found over 300,000 bugs they removed. But you have to remember the testers have a short time and they are trully lookiing for game crashes and coding issues that would cause the game to not work. and yea they missed a few but the testers probably arent looking for things like if a balanced qb turns into a pocket passer when you edit him. but the guys in house who are playing every day and supposed to know football should of caught it. its just layer upon layer of crap until they don't release the game every year. hopefully they learned their lesson and don't rush to release this title on next gen. it was garbage for three years on this gen while they put out the best ncaa titles on ps2 during that time. Ive been playing this title since the bill walsh days and never been so upset with a ncaa title but at the same time it has the most potential of all the games they have ever made. its hard to support such a flawed game. and as far a ben goes, that fat lazy f u c k better get it together because he is a big reason ea tiburon looks like a joke. i find it beyond funny that they made a show of the making of this enormous turd. SEC, got to thank you for your work on trying to make this game playable. I have to play as a OC to use ur sliders without the patches which made it so easy to run the ball even on heisman that the game was unplayable for me. You brought me back in.. much thanks brother. and if someone has a problem with my opinion on ben, grow a pair. that *** clown is a joke of a leader and looked how fast he became invisible when he realized how bad it was. P U S S Y !!!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

I didn't purchase NCAA 12 until after the second patch. Now I wish I hadn't.

I won't be purchasing NCAA 13 on release day, if at all. Will wait to see what/how many bugs will be in that game.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

I truly hope the gaming sites take it to Ben this year and really drill him on the issues with NCAA 12. It will be fun to watch him squirm. To me he is nothing more than a sleazy thief.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #61
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

The problem itself lies in the EA "mothership", and their mentality. It's bled down to all the developers they own, and it shows. EA does not give a single **** about it's customers, and I don't know if some of you have seen the horror stories involving EA's customer service and Origin, but it's bad. At this point all you can expect is the bare minimum from most EA titles, even Battlefield 3 has it's fair share of issues. Until EA actually get's a reality check, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 19
The best case scenario is to dig in and patch the bugs and slap a NCAA Football 13 label on it for release in July 2012. Fix the option, the CPU AI, psychic DBs, CPU option D, crowd audio, etc. Tiburon won't go with a new engine this gen. That might be more trouble than it's worth. I might go get a copy of NCAA 11 used, not worry about running the option, and just have fun again. NCAA 11 was the best in this gen, IMO.

Overall, it's been a rough year for college football. The conference changes, the exploitation of players, major scandals and poor play in the Big 10...all have tainted the sport.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3
excellent read....the sad fact that EA shows no sign of listening to us, the consumer, on these boards is extremely frustrating. I traded mine in 2 weeks ago for a lousy 16.50. I have finally reached the point where I will not purchase 2013 until I know it works...I love the college game...look forward to it...and lately get disappointed by it...no more....I hope the rest of my fellow consumers do the same...rent it from game fly, red box or anywhere else...but DO NOT GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED 60 TO EA FOR CRAP! The only thing that may make them change is to hit them where it hurts, their bottom line...and if they don't change, then they'll just give up. either way...you save your 60 for something else....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #64
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

It would'nt surprise me if the tendencies were hidden from now on....we would'nt know if they changed if they were'nt visible to begin with

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »