Home

Help! Preseason-Connection Lost Commisioner Can't Join

This is a discussion on Help! Preseason-Connection Lost Commisioner Can't Join within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help! Preseason-Connection Lost Commisioner Can't Join

Help! We are stuck in the preseason because I (commisioner) can't log in. Everytime I try it loads everything flashes custom schedules loading and then it says connection lost. No one else is having any issues. Is this a bug? Is there any work around? Like me retiring and then rejoining?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Crowned's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help! Preseason-Connection Lost Commisioner Can't Join

That's the transfer failed glitch, it's an OD killer and nothing you can do. I'm having the same problem right now, there is a patch that is coming out tomorrow on 11/8 if that doesn't fix it for you then you are ****ed, as am I.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Crowned's Arena

Actually, I don't EA is even going to fix it, so I went around the issue. What you can do is have another user in your OD (who isn't already the commish of an OD) go to Settings -> File Management -> Load & Delete -> Online Dynasties , Hit a/x (xbox/ps3) on the dynasty file of your dynasty and create a new OD using that file, it will resume in the same exact year, with same rosters and all. Retire from your old OD and have him invite you and make you the commish. Invite all your users back and you're good to go.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Rookie

I will give this a try later today.

One question: Do all coaches names and prestige stay the same?

Thanks!

Last edited by gmmsports; 11-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

I found a workaround for this. I had another guy in the dynasty log in to my account from his house and he advanced it and it has worked fine so far. Give this option a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Crowned's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmsports
I will give this a try later today.

One question: Do all coaches names and prestige stay the same?

Thanks!
Yes it all stays the same, even the created coaches.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Well this did not work for us. The game would only allow users to join as 1 star coordinator (original settings) even though settings are changed to allow 6 star head coaches (so users can pick actual current teams).

It does work if we advance to week 1 before anyone joins. Which works but then we lose custom scheduling of user bs user games and redshirting.

Any idea how to make this work in preseason?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Two of the past five seasons our commissioner has not been able to join the dynasty during the pre-season period. Our remedy has been for someone else to become the commissioner.

How do you achieve this if the commissioner CAN NOT transfer the dynasty?

Go to Play Career > Online Dynasty > Press A

Sign into the relevant dynasty.

Would you like to save your Online Dynasty? Choose YES!!! Very Important.

Once signed into the Online Dynasty you will need to immediately sign out. The most important part was that you just saved the most updated online dynasty file.

Now... Go to settings > File Management > Load & Delete

Hold the Left Trigger. Scroll down to Online Dynasty. Find the online dynasty file. Press A

The game will ask you:

Start New Online Dynasty From Save File
If you convert this file, all currently unsaved progress will be lost. You will be the commissioner and only member of your new Online Dynasty. Would you still like to convert this file?

Confirm with YES

Once the Online Dynasty is uploaded to the server you will need to invite the remaining members of the dynasty. Once the ex-commissioner rejoins the dynasty the "current" commissioner needs to sign out of the dynasty. Once they sign back into the dynasty they can now TRANSFER the dynasty to the original commissioner.

What are the drawbacks of this method?

If you are playing with coaching carousel turned on... Everyone will need to create a new coach and sign a new contract. You will return to the default 58% job security. Your team prestige will remain the same. Your coaching prestige defaults to a D.

For competitive balance in our league we also ask that the "replacement" commissioner resigns from the dynasty after the "ex-commissioner" is restored to power. Once they are invited back into the league they have to create a new coach, too. This allows everyone to begin fresh at 58% job security with a new coaching contract.

You will lose all the information associated with your coach info. For instance, career totals, top 25 recruiting class information, record vs rivals, etc.

Another strange thing is that even though you sign a new contract... Your "old" contracts terms may still be applied to your "new" deal. We just went through this process ourselves over the weekend and we're currently in week three of the new season. With the new contract it states that I've already met 7 of my 14 goals:

* Finish a season ranked in the BCS Top 25
* Win a BCS bowl game
* Win a bowl game
* Win a conference championship
* Win 8 games in one season
* Make it to a bowl game
* Win 6 games in one season

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 11-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »