Home

Ball bouncing off my WR head after Patch #4

This is a discussion on Ball bouncing off my WR head after Patch #4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ball bouncing off my WR head after Patch #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool16
how dare you ask a question here....internet machos flex on legitimate questions. would rather be db's then just answer a question and direct you to a slider thread.
Thank you. I will check them out. The only problem is, they should be able to set the settings before launch and not have to put sliders in the game to make it f'ing playable. And no this is not a timing issue. I will take video of the ball going right through my guy. This has happened maybe twice in the 4 months I have had the game, now its all the time. BUT I will check out some slider tweaks and roll from there.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
I never had this problem until today. I throw a ball and it doinks off of my WR's head. Not only that but on 80% of my slant routes now the ball just zips by my dude! Please tell me I am not the only one
I know exactly what you mean, no wonder most people just line up in power sets and run the ball all day long and throw bombs. I mean if the ball is not hitting the WR in the head then its a catch and drop or the QB throwing the ball 20 yards out of bounds.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
I know exactly what you mean, no wonder most people just line up in power sets and run the ball all day long and throw bombs. I mean if the ball is not hitting the WR in the head then its a catch and drop or the QB throwing the ball 20 yards out of bounds.
I haven't had the WR hit in the helmet problem as much as the "catch and drop as soon as any contact is made by a defender" problem. I know big hits are delivered in real life right after a receiver catches a pass causing him to drop it, but I feel it happens much more frequently in the game than in real life. I counted eight or nine instances in my last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
I haven't had the WR hit in the helmet problem as much as the "catch and drop as soon as any contact is made by a defender" problem. I know big hits are delivered in real life right after a receiver catches a pass causing him to drop it, but I feel it happens much more frequently in the game than in real life. I counted eight or nine instances in my last game.
I think thats why most people online just run the ball and only pass when they have to, i t happens way too much and it doesnt matter if its a 90+ overall WR or a 70 its frustrating.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

The comments here did put a smile on my face as I read them...

...having said that, I played a game yesterday and had THREE balls that were well thrown (by Case Keenum in a game I was playing against Tulane - this week's matchup) that bounced off the hands (two of them) and one off the facemask. I'm no novice on this game, I do believe I may have to bump that slider up (from the 45 I'm now using) up to the default 50.

(dodging rocks now).
Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #14
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I run air raid in two online dynasties and in online lobby games and don't really have the problems you guys are talking about. I do get a lot of drops, usually contact drops but it happens. The most annoying drops are on plays like slants or deep ins where the DB trails the WR, he makes the catch and then the DB some how reaches in and rakes it out. Those are really the ones that bother me because you rarely if ever see that. But it doesn't really happen to my better WR's (Pollard at Hawai'i, Blackmon at Oklahoma State)

I throw A TON in these games (68 times in my last game with Hawai'i to 24 runs, 92 total plays) and while my percentage is never ridiculously high, it is average for what most offenses do. In my last user v user online dynasty game with Hawai'i, I was 20-24 passing. You can pass online just fine, the problem is most people are scared to because of the drops or for fear of making the big mistake and it costing them. They'd rather power run because it is safe.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Rookie

QBKILLAR's Arena

OVR: 0

I've had this problem since it first came out. Haven't noticed it much I guess I'm used to it now. Especially if I wait to late on a crossing route. Seems real but also ticks me off on a 3rd down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #16
Rookie

inchez34's Arena

It happened in a Notre Dame game earlier this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »