Home

Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wish they'd add the ability to add/delete conferences. I don't really want to have a 4 team WAC. It'd be nice to take those last 4 teams, spread them out in other conferences and lose the WAC altogether.

Just an example.
I feel you on this. Here is the solution. They give us one custom conference we can make from scratch. Name it what we want. then remove that we have to have a certain number of teams in each conference. If we want to take all teams out of wac we can. they should make it so 4 or really 8 is the minumum for a conference to exsist. This way they don't have to remove any conferences. This would resolve it all. I agree we need spots for teambuilders teams also. Maybe 10 or 20. They give us 60 years of dynasty and at the pace the ncaa is going there will be 160 teams in d1 in 60 years. Pretty simple, this way the conferences shouldnt have any issues and they still get their royalty checks. As do the teams. Anyway just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #26
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Unlike most of you, I think EA took a lot of big risks this year. They implemented a huge feature in Coaching Carousel, added Custom Playbooks, and made defense at least playable. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but they made an attempt to add some things a lot of us were dying for. Glitches are to be expected when you take risks, just look at all of Bethesda's games. Innovative, ambitious, but filled with bugs. EA took a couple steps forward, and one step back, and I for one appreciate the effort.

Now, I can see why people are frustrated on how they never really acknowledged the tendency bug. But unless we just wanted them to attempt a fix only to screw up the rest of the game, I think its something we all kind of knew wasn't going to happen this year. I know its not perfect, but if you can enjoy it for what it is, NCAA 12 is still a lot of fun.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Unlike most of you, I think EA took a lot of big risks this year. They implemented a huge feature in Coaching Carousel, added Custom Playbooks, and made defense at least playable. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but they made an attempt to add some things a lot of us were dying for. Glitches are to be expected when you take risks, just look at all of Bethesda's games. Innovative, ambitious, but filled with bugs. EA took a couple steps forward, and one step back, and I for one appreciate the effort.

Now, I can see why people are frustrated on how they never really acknowledged the tendency bug. But unless we just wanted them to attempt a fix only to screw up the rest of the game, I think its something we all kind of knew wasn't going to happen this year. I know its not perfect, but if you can enjoy it for what it is, NCAA 12 is still a lot of fun.

I agree. Hopefully they can add a bug-free flex conference/scheduling. I'm glad they are at least making an attempt to include this. I also like the coaching carousel, although they need to improve on it next year, like giving head coaches the ability to select coordinators.

My biggest gripe with EA though is they need to do a better job of getting it right the first time.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #28
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

And the hype machine begins. My prediction ... 13 will be the year of the "conference bug".
Old 11-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
This game looks very good. Sad,that it has so many detractors. I think this is just another built excuse not to do anything next year. Change commentary to start with and that's a start.
You must know something we don't because as of this point, it is pure speculation as to what features or additions will be added to the game.

If anything, this article scares me a bit about the game. There were a lot of issues with custom conferences this year. EA can't get it right as it is now. How do you think they will do with this mess?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #30
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
it does have to be difficult trying to make a game when nobody knows how this whole conference realignment will shape out.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

This is really important to me but having Dynamic Conference Prestige is equally too

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

As long as custom conferences are in, who cares? Worry more about the customers you alienated!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »