Home

Coach Prestige and Championship Contender

This is a discussion on Coach Prestige and Championship Contender within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Coach Prestige and Championship Contender

I'm well into a sim-only dynasty. It's 2034 and I've been at Florida State as the head coach for about 10 years now. In the last four years I've won three national championships and an Orange Bowl. All-in-all, I've won four national championships in my 10 years at the school and six ACC championships.

Despite the immense amount of success (way too easy to build a juggernaut at Florida State, obviously) my coach prestige rating was at a B+ last season (coming off back-to-back national titles) and my school's championship contender rating was just an A. Is there any logic behind this or is just semi-random?

And I know the unrealness of winning that much, but that's not what the thread is about. It's a sim-only dynasty and I'm don't re-sim any games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I maybe wrong but I believe coaching prestige is also based off of keeping promises. That maybe why.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Prestige and Championship Contender

I've experienced the same thing. My team (Rice) has one three National Championships in a row, but our Championship Contender grade hasn't budged from B+. One of my buddies has yet to win a title at Stanford but his Championship Contender grade is A+. I think it's a bit ridiculous, but I'm beginning to assume that B+ may be the Championship Contender ceiling for Conference USA schools. I'll have to keep an eye on some of that other mid-level conference schools to see if they get above B+.

Regarding Coach Prestige, I've been A+ for awhile but after my third straight National Championship I dropped to B+. I was beyond upset with this until I saw the above post about contract goals. I did fail 1 goal this past season, and even though I'm still at 100% job security, that may be why I dropped to B+.

If anyone else has any insight on the Championship Contender grade, I'd love to hear it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »