Home

the game of the night ! ! ! !

This is a discussion on the game of the night ! ! ! ! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
the game of the night ! ! ! !

WHAT.... A GAME I JUST HAD ! ! !

1QT 2QT 3QT 4 QT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NEBRASKA 3 17 24 27 OT 34 41 44 52 60 66 74

MICHIAN 7 14 21 27 OT 34 41 44 52 60 66 72

That all folks 7 overtimes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: the game of the night ! ! ! !

Go Big Red!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow awesome!

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

chowderhead's Arena

OVR: 0

Not the most impressive showing by the famed "Blackshirts", but a good win for the Huskers and I am sure a fun game to have played out.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Rookie

I thought I was headed for a similar game. I was playing my Mizzou dynasty. It is week six of year two and I have joined the SEC East. I am hosting Auburn in Columbia, MO.

James Franklin is injured the previous week while getting beat down by LSU on the road. My top freshman, a 78 OVR receiving TE, is also injured earlier in the season and will not play against Auburn. Senior WR TJ Moe bruises ribs on the opening kickoff and spends the rest of the game in and out with short term injuries and seems much slower than usual when he is in the game.

Auburn dominated the first half with their defense. They picked off my redshirt freshman backup QB twice on poor throws. My running game never got going either. Luckily, my defense played fairly well and contained the Auburn offense other than a couple big plays. One was a 50+ yard TD pass when I blitzed my FS and they threw over the press coverage. The other was a ~65 yard run that set up a field goal.

I went into the half down 10-0 and worried that my offense couldn't come back. I received the second half kickoff and using my short passing game worked my way down the field, only to miss a short field goal wide left. My defense stepped up with an interception returned to the red zone though and I got the three points back on a field goal. My defense continued to play well against the run and doing just enough against the pass to force some punts.

In the fourth quarter my passing game finally caught wind and I scored a TD one play after successfully going for it on 4th & 5 at the Auburn 30-yard line (I have a bad freshman kicker). The score remained 10-10 through the final minute of the game with both defenses stifling the offenses well. An incomplete pass on 3rd & 10 forced an Auburn punt from their own end with about 15 seconds left. I fair caught it at my 40 yard line with about 10 seconds remaining. I decided to go for a hail mary but was expecting overtime. Auburn was out of time outs and their secondary was clearly confused by my bunch formation as we came to the line. I quick snapped the ball and ultra-lofted a pass fairly quickly to the LB receiver from the bunch group. He outran the confused secondary by a couple steps and scored with time expiring.

Thanks for letting me share, it was another great game played last night. I almost wish it had been an overtime thriller like the OP, but it was my most enjoyable game on NCAA 12 for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Well The Blackshirts show up for today's with a 35-3 win over Ohio St ! ! !
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
I thought I was headed for a similar game. I was playing my Mizzou dynasty. It is week six of year two and I have joined the SEC East. I am hosting Auburn in Columbia, MO.

James Franklin is injured the previous week while getting beat down by LSU on the road. My top freshman, a 78 OVR receiving TE, is also injured earlier in the season and will not play against Auburn. Senior WR TJ Moe bruises ribs on the opening kickoff and spends the rest of the game in and out with short term injuries and seems much slower than usual when he is in the game.

Auburn dominated the first half with their defense. They picked off my redshirt freshman backup QB twice on poor throws. My running game never got going either. Luckily, my defense played fairly well and contained the Auburn offense other than a couple big plays. One was a 50+ yard TD pass when I blitzed my FS and they threw over the press coverage. The other was a ~65 yard run that set up a field goal.

I went into the half down 10-0 and worried that my offense couldn't come back. I received the second half kickoff and using my short passing game worked my way down the field, only to miss a short field goal wide left. My defense stepped up with an interception returned to the red zone though and I got the three points back on a field goal. My defense continued to play well against the run and doing just enough against the pass to force some punts.

In the fourth quarter my passing game finally caught wind and I scored a TD one play after successfully going for it on 4th & 5 at the Auburn 30-yard line (I have a bad freshman kicker). The score remained 10-10 through the final minute of the game with both defenses stifling the offenses well. An incomplete pass on 3rd & 10 forced an Auburn punt from their own end with about 15 seconds left. I fair caught it at my 40 yard line with about 10 seconds remaining. I decided to go for a hail mary but was expecting overtime. Auburn was out of time outs and their secondary was clearly confused by my bunch formation as we came to the line. I quick snapped the ball and ultra-lofted a pass fairly quickly to the LB receiver from the bunch group. He outran the confused secondary by a couple steps and scored with time expiring.

Thanks for letting me share, it was another great game played last night. I almost wish it had been an overtime thriller like the OP, but it was my most enjoyable game on NCAA 12 for sure.
Was Moe on kick coverage when he got hurt?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Was Moe on kick coverage when he got hurt?
No, he was returning the opening kickoff. I worded it a bit awkwardly above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »