Home

How in depth do you get when you recruit?

This is a discussion on How in depth do you get when you recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How in depth do you get when you recruit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
thats a slider and difficulty issue. you need to crank it up man so rating do mean something.
I agree with this sentiment. I play with SECElite's Heisman sliders and passer accuracy and receiver catching certainly matter. My highest OVR WR has a drops issue and I'm considering moving him down the depth chart in favor of more reliable guys with lower OVR ratings.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How in depth do you get when you recruit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
Was worried about a 97 pwr/67 accuracy HB (yes, a 46 OVR HB ranked #2,000-something overall had those kick numbers! thank you PocketScout) I just recruited in last class to be my P and KOS, and he has been phenomenal. Maybe worth a try?

Did I read that right? A 46 OVR HB??!!! Pocketscout can do that? The free version or the one u have to pay? Maybe utilize that speed and acceleration for a fake punt(one thing I liked about NCAA 08 was you can cancel or abort the punt or FG and you can run and/or throw with the P or the holder respectively. You know ala Brad Wing the P of LSU. I loved doing that in NCAA 08, I would get my fastest player place him as the P or recruit a guy I created usually a QB who can punt/kick as well as scramble and go to form subs and then fake the punt and get the 1st if not a TD. Is there a way to abort i.e. cancel the kick/FG in NCAA 12? That would be awesome.
I wasn't aware of a free PocketScout program, but it was only $3 anyway. And yep, I'm always trawling for Ks and Ps to make sure I'm never hitting a recruiting cycle requiring me to get both in one season. This guy (HB) came along and I actually cut my Jr P (power and accuracy in the high-80s) to move out of that cycle since my K was also a RS-Jr, and the Groza winner. Wasn't sure if I could make the new guy work, but the only thing I've given up with him vs. the old P -- who was my KOS, too -- is that I just limit myself to every KO down the middle of the field. He's getting touchback's in 8 mph headwinds.
GREAT idea about fake punts, though. Never even considered it. Next time I'm playing a blowout team (UGA has been preseason rated lower than #100 for the past few seasons in my offline) I'm going to try that for fun early on. Would be a nice thing to have in the back pocket if I make it into a nat'l championship game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »