Home

Can we still cancel the punt/FG in NCAA 12 i.e. abort the FG/punt?

This is a discussion on Can we still cancel the punt/FG in NCAA 12 i.e. abort the FG/punt? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can we still cancel the punt/FG in NCAA 12 i.e. abort the FG/punt?

In NCAA 08, I would go to form subs, get my fastest guy or have a guy which I made that signed with my school who can not only throw and scramble but also kick and punt then I would cancel the punt at the last second and run the ball till I get the 1st.I would do a similar thing with the holder on the FG. Usually, even on Heisman in NCAA 08 the CPU would have no answer for that and if the CPU goes into a normal Defense formation I'd just punt it and they would have horrible field position because no one would be returning it. If we still can, can someone please share which button to cancel the punt and or FG on the 360 for NCAA 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Can we still cancel the punt/FG in NCAA 12 i.e. abort the FG/punt?

I miss this feature, its definitely not in this years game, sorry.
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

lol, thank god they removed this feature
Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
lol, thank god they removed this feature

Why? I mean you can do it in real-life, why not in the game? You against thinking outside of the box?Especially if you're a mid-tier program from the MAC,WAC,Sun Belt or an FCS program that will do just about anything to win against a Perennial FBS powerhouse like LSU, Oklahoma,Ohio St. etc. You against OL running routes i.e. Issac Sopoaga? I mean LSU used Brad Wing to run it for the TD, should have celebrated once he got to the endzone but he is Australian. American football hasn't captured the hearts and minds of most Aussies...well not yet. Especially with the NCAA making a few albeit important rules, rules which if broken can wipe out a TD off the board and can change the game's result completely. Oregon uses their kicker to run it in off faking the field goal that one time in a conference game a few years back.

Last edited by ILLocano; 12-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
Why? I mean you can do it in real-life, why not in the game? You against thinking outside of the box?Especially if you're a mid-tier program from the MAC,WAC,Sun Belt or an FCS program that will do just about anything to win against a Perennial FBS powerhouse like LSU, Oklahoma,Ohio St. etc. You against OL running routes i.e. Issac Sopoaga? I mean LSU used Brad Wing to run it for the TD, should have celebrated once he got to the endzone but he is Australian. American football hasn't captured the hearts and minds of most Aussies...well not yet. Especially with the NCAA making a few albeit important rules, rules which if broken can wipe out a TD off the board and can change the game's result completely. Oregon uses their kicker to run it in off faking the field goal that one time in a conference game a few years back.
Not for any of those reasons...

Because it would be used and abused to death by cheesers. Think online play is unbearable now? Try adding this option into the mix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Not for any of those reasons...

Because it would be used and abused to death by cheesers. Think online play is unbearable now? Try adding this option into the mix.

If you don't mind, can you tell me what a cheeser is and a spammer while you're at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »