Home

Which to Buy? NCAA 07 or NCAA 08? (for PS2)

This is a discussion on Which to Buy? NCAA 07 or NCAA 08? (for PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Based on my criteria, which game should I buy?
NCAA 2007 for PS2 24 70.59%
NCAA 2008 for PS2 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #9
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Which to Buy? NCAA 07 or NCAA 08? (for PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Does anyone have input on 11 for PS2? Thinking about buying a ps2 again...
I love 07 the most. I still play it to this day as I have been unsatisfied with the PS3 version. With the Idaho Vandals, here is what I have done over my career:

Year 1: 4-8 (No Bowl Game)
Year 2: 3-9 (No Bowl Game)
Year 3: 6-6 (No Bowl Game)
Year 4: 6-7 (Lost New Orleans Bowl)
Year 5: 7-5 (No Bowl Game)
Year 6: 8-5 (Won GMAC Bowl)
Year 7: 3-1 (1-0 in conference thus far)

Career: 34-41 (1-1 in Bowls)

Im surprised I wasn't fired after year 4. I was about 1 loss away in year 5 from getting fired but won my last two including a major upset over Boise State 21-20. Year 6 and 7 have been great! I do play every game and it has taken me 4 years to get through 6.5 seasons as I am busy (plus play madden 07 still). I love seeing my guys play in the NFL. Enderle is having a nice career in DAL (7th round pick) and Deonte Jackson is starting for the Texans after being selected in the 5th round.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
PRB
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Does anyone have input on 11 for PS2? Thinking about buying a ps2 again...
I am also thinking of getting a PS2 and would also like to know if NCAA Football 11 is any good. I have 08 for XBox and would like to know if the last-generation games got any better after that.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

08 on PS2 / Orig Xbox had QB evade (right analog stick) while in the pocket and receiver direct when you rolled out of the pocket, where you could control a receiver with the right analog stick while moving your qb with the left analog stick. it's pretty cool sending a receiver to open space at the last second before passing it. the 08 graphics (especially on the Orig Xbox) are the best graphics of any NCAA game imho. also there is an incredible amount of plays in 08 compared to 07, but there are some bugs in the custom playbook editor in 08, like you couldn't select all the plays to add to your custom formation (some plays were only available when you selected a team's default playbook) 08 though has a lot of bugs and quirks. some people complained about pursuit angles. the pass defense is very good in 08 though. to limit fumbles, increasing RB ability in sliders (and tackling to keep it balanced) and decrease the interception slider. the defensive awareness slider can help with pursuit angles. there's definitely some new animations in 08 and the whole game just feels much more dynamic and thrilling. 08 had kickoffs from the 30, 07 had them from the 35. i think the open field lateral was enhanced in 08, too. also the momentum meter was toned down in 08 compared to 07. i would recommend getting them both. they both offer something different. even with all its quirks, 08 is a very entertaining game. as far as features are concerned, it doesn't get any better than 08. if they ever fixed the bugs to that game that would be the only football game we'd ever need to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

NCAA 2007 may have been the best version of the game. NCAA 2004 was the most fun I ever had, but it was the first year of online play, so that had a lot to do with it. I met some guys playing online who I still have contact with to this day.

NCAA 2007's gameplay was solid. The B.S. was minimal. As the user, I felt it was a little easy to bail myself out with a bomb, but all in all it was a great game. I played 17 seasons with Vanderbilt and got to only three national championship games, winning two. As we all know, most of us usually have a higher percentage of national title appearances than that. The game was a fun challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »