Home

Nevada in the BCS NC game....

This is a discussion on Nevada in the BCS NC game.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nevada in the BCS NC game....

In the 1st year of my offline dynasty with Miami, I go undefeated only to play a terrible team in the NCG. I have the #1 PPG at 43.1. I am 16th in total offense, 26th in rushing yards, and 12th in passing yards. I have the #1 total defense, #1 rush defense and the 12# pass defense. In addition to all that I have 6 1st team All-Americans and EVERY starting player on my team was either 1st or 2nd team All-ACC. Lamar Miller won the Heisman(but lost every other award to a RB from Temple.....).

Everything worked out for Nevada to make it to the NCG. WVU who was undefeated 2 weeks away from the conference championship lost, Bama who had 2 losses going into CCW lost to Georgia, Bama was ranked 2nd then. Going into Bowl week Tulsa is now ranked #4 with 2 losses!!! They lost to Houston late in the season, Houston was 3rd going into CCW and they lost.

Never thought I would see a 1 loss non AQ team go to the NCG lol, anyone else have a crazy matchup before in the NCG? I can't believe I have to play Nevada.... O and Herbstreit picked Nevada to beat me!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Somewhere in a virtual Boise, Butthurt is flowing....
Old 12-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Nevada in the BCS NC game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randombagginz
In the 1st year of my offline dynasty with Miami, I go undefeated only to play a terrible team in the NCG. I have the #1 PPG at 43.1. I am 16th in total offense, 26th in rushing yards, and 12th in passing yards. I have the #1 total defense, #1 rush defense and the 12# pass defense. In addition to all that I have 6 1st team All-Americans and EVERY starting player on my team was either 1st or 2nd team All-ACC. Lamar Miller won the Heisman(but lost every other award to a RB from Temple.....).

Everything worked out for Nevada to make it to the NCG. WVU who was undefeated 2 weeks away from the conference championship lost, Bama who had 2 losses going into CCW lost to Georgia, Bama was ranked 2nd then. Going into Bowl week Tulsa is now ranked #4 with 2 losses!!! They lost to Houston late in the season, Houston was 3rd going into CCW and they lost.

Never thought I would see a 1 loss non AQ team go to the NCG lol, anyone else have a crazy matchup before in the NCG? I can't believe I have to play Nevada.... O and Herbstreit picked Nevada to beat me!!!!!!
Unless you changed Tulsa's schedule, having 2 losses with one to Houston means they beat at least 2 out of Ok State/Oklahoma/Boise. That plus the fact that Houston was #3 doesn't make it that far fetched, although they should be around 10-12

Founder of OS Emu Clan.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

I played a 1 loss UCF team in my Ohio State dynasty for the BCS National Championship and was thinking I would blow them out of the water. Only beat 'em by a field goal as time expired. The following year I played an undefeated LSU in the NCG and won 45-7. You just never know how each team is going to show up on a given day with this game (which I think is a good thing).

Ohio State and USF from NCAA 11
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, I am in year 13 of my dynasty and these were the NCGs:

Oklahoma - Alabama
Alabama - Nevada
Ohio State - North Carolina
Virginia Tech - Oklahoma
LSU - USC
LSU - Iowa
Oklahoma - USC
Tulane - Oklahoma
Iowa - Baylor
Washington - Tulane
Miami - Air Force
Nebraska - Miami
Miami - Oregon

What I saw is that Non AQ teams go undefeated and leap-frog about any 6-star one loss program with A+ in all categories late in the season to play in the NCG. Tulane was even ranked #1 over OU which had only one loss vs a top 10 team. I think EA took it one step too far in regards to the rankings. Seems like strength of schedule or conference prestige plays no role what so ever. Or, there are a lot of Boise fans at Tiburon.

Only way to prevent those low rated teams from going undefeated is to move them to stronger conferences. This is what I do when a team like Tulane or FIU are in the top 10 on a regular basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
On another note. In my OD Nevada just signed the #1 QB. B speed B+ acc and A- agility. Good to see them recruit for their style

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

In every Dynasty I've done this year, or simmed just to get draft classes, Nevada has always been a top ranked team. I just simmed a year to test out my draft classes and Nevada finished the year as 5th overall. I feel like we have teams like this every year.

In NCAA 11, almost every dynasty I did, Middle Tennessee State was one of the top teams in the Nation. In my first year as Tulsa, Middle Tennessee State made it to the National Championship Game at 12-0 and got blown out and then in my second year with Tulsa, MTS finished 11-2.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

slimdagreat's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randombagginz

Nevada made it to the NC in my first season as well. I ended up moving them to the PAC-12 because they finished #4 the next season, mostly due probably to an easy schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »