Home

Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal????

This is a discussion on Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal????

the budding ALASKA STATE dynasty is done thanks to the heisman level. does anyone else think the heisman level is very, very, very, very, hard??? i created alaska state as a middle of the road team and played two seasons on the varsity level. in two seasons i lost one game, won 2 WAC championships, a humanitarian bowl and a national title. the next 3 seasons i played on all american, lost 2 games, won 3 more WAC championships, a orange bowl and back to back national championships. now, my sixth season, i have played 3 games on heisman (because all american was too easy). i started the year preseason ranked 4th and i am 0-3 and somewhere around the 50's in the nation. i lost to tennessee (ranked 8th at the time) and two unranked teams of ball state and san jose state. i like the level is competitive, but heisman is ridiculous. i could barely run the ball on all american, so i surely cant run the ball on heisman. does anyone else think that heisman is insane???? how about making all american a bit harder......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal????

I can't play on Heisman simply because there is way too much BS that goes on in favor of the CPU. I've just turned up the difficulty on All American. I'm 8-0 right now, but I have a pretty damn good team.

I'm looking forward to rebuilding a crappy team in a few years.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I totally agree with Pitt...by the way good luck this week vs the aggies
Old 09-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Umm a middle of the road team should be not be winning back to back national titles. You should be losing sometimes. Heisman may be too hard but Varsity and All-American appear too easy for you. My advice is to find some good All-American sliders. I've found some sliders that I really like and is even more of a challenge than Heisman. It's all about finding sliders that work for you
Old 09-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i can't play on Heisman. i can barely stand to play on All-American because if i play a team that options a lot. they will run like 20 yards and the QB will be getting tackled by like 4 guys then on the way down pitch the ball away and the ball will almost hit the ground. the RB will catch it do a spin move away from like 2 guys then scamper to the endzone. its BS how the CPU can pitch when they are getting tackled. you will rarely see that in a real game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2003, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah, i was surprised how good my middle of the road team was. but what can i say, i guess i can x and o and i must be hell of a recruiter (kidding). my back to back national championships didnt come untill my fouth and fifth seasons. by the way, i am now 0-4 and should be 0-5 but during a 20-10 fourth quarter game against unlv, power went out in the neighborhood and cut the game. it used to be that i could only pass, now i can barely do that and my running game is really non existant......
Old 09-21-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Meatloaf86 said:
i can't play on Heisman. i can barely stand to play on All-American because if i play a team that options a lot. they will run like 20 yards and the QB will be getting tackled by like 4 guys then on the way down pitch the ball away and the ball will almost hit the ground. the RB will catch it do a spin move away from like 2 guys then scamper to the endzone. its BS how the CPU can pitch when they are getting tackled. you will rarely see that in a real game.
I agree about the option play. But the rest of the game, on AA, plays pretty well I think.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:24 AM   #8
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Not too long ago, I would have agreed with you. I have too much pride to play on All-American or lower, but I was getting killed on Heisman. Now, I'm doing pretty well. You really need to just get better. Run an offense (i.e. Don't "just pick plays), find the defense that best suits your personnel, read the defense, audible out of doomed plays. Heisman is very winnable; just keep playing. I win with UTEP on Heisman; obviously, I don't win any titles (yet), but it can be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »