Home

User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do

This is a discussion on User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do

No huddle is not cheap. When you are playing 5-6 minute quarters no huddle actually makes the number of possessions closer to legit. I FULLY agree that conservative clock / running the clock in user games, outside of the last few minutes, is cheese. If the playclock was shortened in proportion to the actual clock then fine, but its not.

Lets take a 6 minute quarter for example. If you chew the entire 40 seconds pre-snap, and then say that every play takes 5 seconds (for matter of argument) thats 3:00 or HALF A QUARTER for a 3 and out drive. That to me is stupid.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat7
so are you calling no huddle cheap, unrealistic or both?
No, no huddle is not a problem. It gets the number of plays up to sim. But run clock is sooooo terrible and so bs it doesn't make sense.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played someone last night who had the tempo set to conservative for the entire game. He was using Louisiana Tech and I was using Army. I chose to kickoff to start the game. He had a good scheme and moved the ball well against me. He scored after a long drive and squibbed when he kicked off to me. I returned the kick for a TD and he had another long drive. By the time the first half was over I had run exactly 2 plays on offense. I lost the game 14-7. The time of possession was 15:xx to 4:xx in his favor.

I thought he was fair as far as how he actually played the game and called his offense and defense and sent him a message saying "Good game" when we finished, but it was hard for me do to a lot with Army and their offense in that situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This one is tough, because all these things are real concerns, but there really isn't much you can do as a commish. You can't have a rule against aggressive strip because it couldn't be enforced, I can strip the ball well without aggressive on and it looks exactly the same. Nano blitzing is real and it is brutal, but at the same time, without some sort of proof, I don't know what you can do.

As for chew clock, putting chew clock on to start the game is a trashy move, there is no rational for that if the minutes per quarter are any shorter than 9. One drive for each team per quarter is not realistic. Any good dynasty I have been in has a few rules to address the problems you list.

- No chew clock until the 4th quarter
- Can only move one defender manually before the snap. Obviously there is some leeway on this one, you wold usually be able to move a defender to align on a WR if he wasn't before or you can manually move guys to respond to motion, but generally, control one guy until the snap of the ball.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
This one is tough, because all these things are real concerns, but there really isn't much you can do as a commish. You can't have a rule against aggressive strip because it couldn't be enforced, I can strip the ball well without aggressive on and it looks exactly the same. Nano blitzing is real and it is brutal, but at the same time, without some sort of proof, I don't know what you can do.

As for chew clock, putting chew clock on to start the game is a trashy move, there is no rational for that if the minutes per quarter are any shorter than 9. One drive for each team per quarter is not realistic. Any good dynasty I have been in has a few rules to address the problems you list.

- No chew clock until the 4th quarter
- Can only move one defender manually before the snap. Obviously there is some leeway on this one, you wold usually be able to move a defender to align on a WR if he wasn't before or you can manually move guys to respond to motion, but generally, control one guy until the snap of the ball.
U can tell about aggressive strip ball because the CPU does the strip ball animation on just about every play.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
U can tell about aggressive strip ball because the CPU does the strip ball animation on just about every play.
That isn't necessarily reliable. I've had games where my own strip ball as been on balanced and I've had three or four straight plays where my guys tried stripping the ball because I always try and user strip.

I would just hate to have someone accused of trying to strip when they weren't. Especially when you can just go conservative ball carry and offset it just fine. It is definitely WAY over powered, but I'd rather the other team just adjust their own settings than try and install a rule that can't possibly be enforced.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
That isn't necessarily reliable. I've had games where my own strip ball as been on balanced and I've had three or four straight plays where my guys tried stripping the ball because I always try and user strip.

I would just hate to have someone accused of trying to strip when they weren't. Especially when you can just go conservative ball carry and offset it just fine. It is definitely WAY over powered, but I'd rather the other team just adjust their own settings than try and install a rule that can't possibly be enforced.
But it really downs your run game though. But I do see you point. It's better that way than someone getting accused unfairly. You would like to believe u have honest guys in your OD but that's not always the case.

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 12-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Those things do make the game less fun....

The strip ball is way too effective with not enough penalties for using it. You can go conservative, but it does hurt your run game. Only time i use it is if somebody is using it against me. Same with Hard Hits aggressive. (except you miss tackles with this on aggressive)

Chew clock the whole game is just lame IMO, but i can see how it can be used to frustrate somebody. I only use Chew clock when im trying to either get to halftime or i have a big lead in the second half.

Nano blitzing should be outlawed.

That being said, i dont enjoy leagues with too many rules, i like to play people with different play-styles. I say you dont place any rules unless its a glitch in the game like nano blitzes, and trust the the members of the dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »