Home

*Designated Road To Glory Thread*

This is a discussion on *Designated Road To Glory Thread* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #41
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: *Designated Road To Glory Thread*

Road to glory series that I started just for fun, featuring South Park's own Stan Marsh.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 17

Welp I decided to dust off the ole NCAA 12 disc and play some RTG QB to get my football fix.. I ended up dashboarding mid-game after HB Draw was called twice on 3rd and long.. didn't even make it to half time.

I forgot how helpless the AI is, drag routes that could easily gain a first down only get 3-4yds because the receiver catches it, stops like he is going to cut back, then starts going the same direction he was before only to be tackled by a DE that made it that far upfield. After this long of a break from the game, and watching real football during that time, I understand why I quit playing this game to begin with.. it just isn't realistic at all
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

I agree T, the play calling gets ridiculous at times...for instance in my final game of the regular season which would decide the conference champiopnship VS Wisconsin Rapids:

Fourth Quarter, im down 31-28....3rd and 17...AI calls a freaking FB dive!! Needless to say the play failed and I lost the game as there was just under 2 mins left!

But anyway, I placed second in the conference and am now in the second round of the playoffs, downing a perennial WIAA powerhouse Menomonie 28-27. Next on deck is a road trip to the Madison area, facing Sun Prairie! Wayne finished the regular season with 1,576 yards on 235 carries and 21 touchdowns. He's also been a solid threat in the passing attack with 22 receptions for 276 yards and 3 scores.
In the Menomonie game, he rushed for 126 yards on 26 carries and 2 scores. So far it's looking like Iowa will be my choice as they have shown the most interest, and are offering a starting spot. Nebraska is tempting also, with an option offense and promising the #2 Halfback slot.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:48 AM   #44
Rookie

Saturday October 27, 2011
Wausau-West: 35

Sun Prairie: 14

On Saturday we headed to the Madison suberb of Sun Prairie to face the 10-2 Cardinals. Overall we played a helluva game! The first quarter was messy for us, falling behind 14-0 to the Cardinals. But after Marcellus Wayne broke loose 76 yards for the score, the entire team tempo lifted. That tempo carried through the game as our defense snagged 3 picks and 2 fumbles, turning them into 4 scores and a bid for the state semi-finals at Germantown on Tuesday.
Wayne rushed for 187 yards on 22 carries and 3 scores.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #45
Rookie

To make a long story short, we ended up taking down the Milwaukee suberb of Germantown 28-16. Marcellus Wayne rushed for 178 yards on 31 carries and 2 scores. The Warhawks managed to move the ball on us through the air fairly consistently, but ultimately were just unable to shut down Wayne. When he runs for over 100 yards, we are 10-0!!
The third round took us east to the Green Bay suberb of Kaukauna, facing yet another Milwaukee area school in Oak Creek. This game would prove to be a dogfight from the start. They had just as powerful of a ground game as we did, and neither team did a fair job of stuffing the other. Ultimately it came down to the last two minutes of the 4th when we picked off a Knight pass on their own 37. Three plays later we were knocking at their door with 1:22 remaining. On 3rd and 7 on their 8, Wayne took a hand off, off right tackle, lowered his shoulder and met the oncoming safety head on then proceeded to run THROUGH him for the score. Their final drive stalled at our 40, giving us the 42-35 win. Wayne crossed the 2,000 yard mark on the season with a 166 yard 4 score performance.
Our bout for an appearance at UW-Madison's historic Camp Randall Stadium squared us off with yet another underdog, in the 9-3 Sparta Spartans. I expected another dogfight, but in turn we pulled off a 35-3 blowout with Wayne again running wild (227 yards on 33 carries, 3 receptions for 48 yards. 2 rush TD 1 I receiving TD).
On to Camp Randall we went for our first state football championship appearance in 31 years facing perennial powerhouse Kenosha-Bradford (13-0).
For the first time since our week 6 loss to Wisconsin Rapids, Wayne was held to under 100 yards. The Red Devil defensive line seemed virtually impenetrable. Often times Wayne was snagged or outright flattened at or near the line of scrimmage. However our defense played just as nasty, keeping the game tight and low. Once again, we would find ourselves in a "do or die" situation in the final minutes of the game thanks to a huge defensive play. With just under a minute remaining, Red Devil fullback Jayson Kilray took a dive up the gut from his own 40. Undersized junior left corner Jesse Hempstead (5'9 160) closed in a hurry, as Kilray bulldozed middle linebacker Tyler Geraud, Hempstead delivered a hit. The hit was made just as Kilray was tucking the football, jarring it loose. Hempstead quickly dove on it, reocovering on on their 38. With 48 seconds left, Senior QB Brady Goss dropped back and floated a well placed screen pass into the soft hands of Marcellus Wayne, who took the ball to the house pulling in the 10-7 win and claiming the school's first state championship in 45 years!

Season Totals: Marcellus Wayne

Attempts: 316
Rushing Yards: 2,087 (43 yards against Bradford)
YPC Average: 6.6

Receptions: 32
Yards: 411
YPR Average: 12.8
TD: 6

Prior to the big dance in Madison, several other big time programs jumped on the bandwagon, courting Marcellus. #22 Iowa and #11 Wisconsin were still chasing him, joined by #15 Virginia Tech, #12 Oklahoma and even #9 Miami. However only Iowa, Wisconsin and Oklahoma really piqued his interest, Iowa was offering a shot at the starting slot but Wisconsin and Oklahoma's run-focused offensive sets also were appealing. In his usual humble and quiet demeanor, Wayne insisted on awaiting until signing day to announce his decision.
In the meantime, he was named unanimous first team All-Wisconsin Valley Conference, Unanimous First Team All-Region as well as All-State. He was also named WVC Offensive Player of the Year and Wisconsin Gatorade Football Player of the Year.
"I can't express how much these honors mean to my family and I" Wayne stated in a recent interview with the Wisconsin State Journal. "I've never been a guy to look at myself as something big you know? I just love the game so much, I dedicated myelf to it. I have always pushed myself to get better on the field and in the weight room. Rather than these awards meaning I'm something special, they are more of a testament to my coaches and teammates for helping me get better and to my dedication to push myself" Wayne explained. "I just can't express my appreciation to everyone who had faith in me all these years."
When asked about which direction he was leaning for his college career, the shy, burly runner smiled and said simply. "I have decided to play Division 1 football somewhere in the US. But you will have to wait like everyone else sir."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #46
Rookie

Wausau Daily Herald: Sports
National College Signing Day

Tuesday February 1, 2011

Brian McCord

Wausau-West High School- Today marks one of the biggest days in the lives of high school football athletes across the country. In the case of standout Wausau-West Warrior tailback Marcellus Wayne, this morning would perhaps mean a little more than most.
Relocating to the Wausau area from Slidell, Lousiana in the wake of the destructive Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the Wayne family was not only forced to start over, but doing so short of two members.
Herman Wayne, Marcellus' father, who was a Slidell Louisiana police officer, was killed when hurricane winds toppled a bridge which collapsed on his patrol car. Wayne's older sister was killed in the lawless days in New Orleans following Katrina. Wayne, his mother and two younger brothers relocated to Wausau with the help of his uncle, an employee at Wausau's 3 M plant. Aside from the personal tragedy touching the Wayne family, Marcellus would also be the first family member to attend a 4 year university.
A 3 year starter with the Warriors, Wayne quickly earned a reputation as a force to be reckoned with. As a sophomore he rushed for 936 yards and 17 touchdowns, earning All-WVC 2nd team honors. His junior year in 2010 would prove to be his breakout, not only in the local area but statewide. Standing a burly 5'9 205 pounds, Wayne rushed for 1.334 yards 26 touchdowns, catching 10 passes for 112 yards earning unanimous 1st team All-WVC honors, 1st team all-region and state recognition as 2nd team All-State. In addition, Wayne led the Warriors to a third place finish in the powerhouse laden conference and their first playoff win in 7 years (31-26 over Tomah), which he rushed for 178 yards and 3 touchdowns. Although several WIAC Division III schools expressed interest, the only Division 1-A school to show interest came from a surprising place, University of Iowa in Iowa City.
"I came home from school one day and momma told me there was a message for me on the voice mail" Wayne explains in an interview just prior to this morning's letter of intent signing. "She had a weird little grin on her face as I listened to it. It was Iowa's running backs coach Lester Erb. He said he had watched footage of my game at D.C Everest a couple weeks before. I had the game of my life up to that point, I think I had around 140 yards or so...anyway...he said he liked what he saw and would like to hear from me." Wayne explains with a grin.
"I called him back and we talked for like an hour, and we talked and e-mailed a couple times a month or so."
Iowa's interest persisted through this season. As Wayne's numbers on the field grew, so did the number of promises and offers as well as schools. Prior to the Warrior's state championship bout with Kenosha-Bradford 6 top 25 Division I-A programs were in pursuit of the stout tailback who now stood 5'9 212. As Wayne states, Wisconsin and Oklahoma drew a strong interest from him due to their run-based offensive sets. But through it all....the shy and humble runner remained low-key about his intentions.
This morning however, Marcellus Wayne sat at a table with head coach Dermott Hahn to his left, Offensive Coordinator Brad Dahm to his right, and West Running Backs coach Kent Oglesby behind him. Alongside Oglesby were mother Shonda Wayne, sisters Karina (6) and Tanya (13) as well as uncle Darren Wayne and wife Ella. Typically during signing day occasions, the table is adorned with objects related to the recruit's school of choice. But not today.
The table was decorated with various items from Wayne's top 3 schools which he announced prior to the championship game with Bradford. Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Following a short address to the some 25 people in attendance including various media members and area fans. The 7th ranked runningback nationally and #2 rated Wisconsin recruit announced he would be playing football for the University of Iowa and Head Coach Kirk Farentz. Following the signing of his letter of intent, Wayne answered questions from media members regarding his decision.
"I visited the campus last October and I loved it! Im a small town kid and have never been big of huge busy cities." Wayne explained about his choice.
"The campus just seemed very home like and calm. Coach Farentz and I had several long conversations on the phone, as well as with coach Ken O'Keefe (Offensive Coordinator) and Coach Erb. Coach Erb not only recruited me, but he is also the running backs coach. They not only offered me a shot at starting, but promised I could keep my jersey number (20). That's important to me as it was my daddy's number in high school. I lost my father when I was 13. I miss him dearly and wearing the number he wore is how I honor him." Wayne adds. "Playing at Iowa also doesn't take me far from home, as I am very close with my family" Wayne comments, grinning back at his mother and sisters.
"I couldn' be happier for Marcellus" adds Hahn. "We knew he was something special when we first seen him run in practice and he has proven it every day and every game since. It's been an honor to coach him and I will be his #1 fan from my living room on Saturdays" jokes the 3rd year coach.
Wayne will report to Iowa City on June 1st. Wayne will have his work cut out for him in winning the starting slot as he will compete with burly Sophomore Marcus Coker (6'1 230) and slashing Junior Jason White (5'10 190). The 2011 Hawkeyes kickoff the season at home versus Northern Illinois on September 1st.

Last edited by FootballJunkie3080; 02-06-2012 at 03:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »