Home

*Designated Road To Glory Thread*

This is a discussion on *Designated Road To Glory Thread* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!
*Designated Road To Glory Thread*

I see there have been a few RTG threads in the past which have since dissipated. I also see there has been some issues regarding gameplay. I have been a hardcore PS2 nut for the past few years and just now crossed to "the other side" picking up an XBox 260 and NCAA 12. So far I have yet to see any issues matching those reported before. I happen to like the spin that the Xbox has added with the gorgeous Erin Andrews (My future wife, but she just doesnt know it yet =) and the HS playoff feature.
So if there are any RTG buffs out there who are interested, lets regroup and share our roads to Glory!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: *Designated Road To Glory Thread*

It's tough to play road to glory, when let's say you create a running back who can overpower tacklers, and has ultimate speed and all the computer (Coach) wants to do is throw screen passes to the WR and chunk the ball all over the field and you get maybe 5 touches a game.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

I am currently in my first season in RTG mode, with 5'9 212 pound Tailback Marcellus Wayne from Wausau-West High School in Wausau, WI. I originally am from the cheese state and attended HS at a nearby smalltown called Merrill, before being stationed here in Hawaii in the Army. Since Merrill isn't an option on the game, I chose our high school football arch rival: Wausau-West Warriors.
As luck would have it, the game actually assembled a realistic playoff bracket pitting us against Wisconsin Valley Conference powerhouse Stevens Point aka SPASH (Stevens Point Area Senior High School. The conference's name sake is derived from the Wisconsin River, which all the northern wisconsin paper mills use to run their operation)
Marcellus is actually modeled after a standout tailback which played for West when I was in high school in the late 90's. He's short and stocky, but has extremely large and powerful thighs, which enables him to be an extremely powerful runner, who in turn was a nightmare to tackle. He's not the fastest of backs, but when he lowers his shoulders...look the hell out! Unfortunately, the actual tailback he is modeled after blew out his knee in the second round of the playoffs in 1999 versus Marshfield, ending his football career.
Sooo.....with that being said, I will post Wayne's progress as he makes his way through the WIAA (Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association) playoffs.
As of now, we will meet the Panthers at SPASH Field on Saturday November 6th at 7 PM. SPASH has always been a football heavyweight, making numerous state championship appearances at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison (Home of the Badgers). It is a college town, surrounded by dozens of small farming communities which always turns out huge numbers, as do most regional high schools in northern WI.
If Marcellus can lead West to the big dance, it would be the first stateappearance since 1995 for the Warriors. We will see what happens!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Well Hog I hear you, but for some reason, I dont have that problem! I just started my first RTG HS game, and so far.....the play calling has been realistic. In HS sports, when a coach has a standout athlete, you and I both know it sometimes becomes the "Macellus Wayne Show" in my case lol. But as I progress, if I notice something similar I will fill you in! Like I said im new to the 360 console, but have been playin football games since I was in HS =). Ill keep ya posted!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I can deal with the playcalling. But, sometimes gameplay itself is the problem.
My 6'4 200 Balanced QB is 6-0 in the HS season. I am a 4 Star QB. I have full intentions to play for Northwestern. I want to play for a spread offense. Most of the offers I have are from Pro-style Os. I might play the rest of season out and skip out the playoffs. I am entering my tough schedule. I just had a 400+ total yard game with 6 TDs(350+ passing). I try to only scramble when the oppurtunity is there or to make a play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Rookie

"I can deal with the playcalling. But, sometimes gameplay itself is the problem"-IllWill

I tend to agree Will. I just started the third quater in the game with Stevens Point and so far, the play calling has been fairly balanced. Since Hog raised his concerns I have been counting my carries, since RTG doesnt track stats like a regular NCAA game.
So far I have carried 12 times, and we have run at least 40 plays in the first half. I can't say I find an issue with that, as the coach is running a balanced offfense. Perhaps in Hog's case, the AI recognized his running back isnt a 20-30 carry a game back, and instead chooses to use him as a "Surprise" weapon. I.e saving him for a break open play so to speak. I may be reaching here, as I am just starting with XBox and dont know how keyed up the AI is, just a guess. But the bright side is, we are leading the Panthers 24-0 at the half.
Marcellus has done a great job so far pounding the gut. I must say the game is also realistic in the sense of calling plays that suit him. He is a "power" runner by design, so 90% of his plays have been inside counters, traps, draws and dives. I am really enjoying the Xbox graphics! Soo much better than PS2. Ill post the end result once the game is over =)
Old 12-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't mind the RTG too much. I've been debating over and over starting one. If I do however, I will play through my senior year in high school and then once I pick a college to attend I will switch over to the dynasty mode so I can control my own coaching and such. I will keep the play lock on so that I only control my player.

I will probably make a thread if I do go through with the idea.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 12-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Holy Hell what a Game!! We ended up monkey-stomping the SPASH Panthers 37-0! Marcellus entertained 6 Division I-A scouts with a 137 total yard performance. He rushed for 104 on the ground and a score (4.5 yard Avg) and another 33 receiving yards on 10 receptions. I know this is just the 2nd round of the WIAA playoffs, but with scouts from #25 Kansas, Syracuse and Southern Miss. in attendance, its a thrill! As the WIAA playoffs are designed the 1st and 2nd rounds are a week apart, but our semi-final bout will be played on Tuesday November 9th.
Neenah destroyed Oshkosh-West 23-0 this afternoon, so it looks like we will be heading to Neenah on Tuesday. Game time is set for 7 PM, and seeing as how Northern Wisconsin turns into a freezer around late October, it should be a hell of a game! If we can make it past the 9-1 Rockets, we will be headed to Camp Randall Stadium in Madison for the Big Dance!! As I said before, it will be the first State Chmpionship bid for Wausau-West in 15 years!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »