Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #41
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Oh wow, nearly forgot.....an update on discoveries.

A defender's tackle rating has an effect on a ball carrier AI decision when it comes to determining what running lane he choose and how often he looks to change it.

I have noticed when ever I went up against a team whose entire LB core and DB core had tackle rating in the high 70s or above, the ball carrier don't bounce around, they pretty much just run directly into the defender as though it a magnetic pull to him.

However drop it from 50 to 70, they are more prone to bounce around between running lanes.

Hit power....is too strong in this game. Not only does it cause more fumbles and injuries, but it also give the defender a speed burst as well. So you really want to limit the number of defenders on your team with high hit power. I have seen defenders with high hit power warp into tackles from several yards out, their speed burst is uncanny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #42
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Oh wow, nearly forgot.....an update on discoveries.

A defender's tackle rating has an effect on a ball carrier AI decision when it comes to determining what running lane he choose and how often he looks to change it.

I have noticed when ever I went up against a team whose entire LB core and DB core had tackle rating in the high 70s or above, the ball carrier don't bounce around, they pretty much just run directly into the defender as though it a magnetic pull to him.

However drop it from 50 to 70, they are more prone to bounce around between running lanes.

Hit power....is too strong in this game. Not only does it cause more fumbles and injuries, but it also give the defender a speed burst as well. So you really want to limit the number of defenders on your team with high hit power. I have seen defenders with high hit power warp into tackles from several yards out, their speed burst is uncanny.
I sold the game quite a while back and having be playing the demo exclusively (360) and noticed that there are so many more gang tackles on there then I ever remember having on the actual game (All American Difficulty). Any suggestions to raise the number of assisted tackles? Most sliders have the tackle slider lowered, which is fine except it's not just a case of a player always winning one on one tackles, it's that other defenders are routinely "locked" into blocking animations and often only one or two players are free to make a tackle or even slow the ball carrier down.

Also had my Alabama defensive line block 2 Florida State extra points. Came from what would be the RE I guess on the kick block team. No resistance on him whatsoever. I was controlling the deep guy, as I always try to run up and time the block with him jumping, but have never been successful.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #43
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
I sold the game quite a while back and having be playing the demo exclusively (360) and noticed that there are so many more gang tackles on there then I ever remember having on the actual game (All American Difficulty). Any suggestions to raise the number of assisted tackles? Most sliders have the tackle slider lowered, which is fine except it's not just a case of a player always winning one on one tackles, it's that other defenders are routinely "locked" into blocking animations and often only one or two players are free to make a tackle or even slow the ball carrier down.

Also had my Alabama defensive line block 2 Florida State extra points. Came from what would be the RE I guess on the kick block team. No resistance on him whatsoever. I was controlling the deep guy, as I always try to run up and time the block with him jumping, but have never been successful.
The only way to do that is to lower individual players tackle and hit power rating. That way the ball carrier won't go instantly down after one hit. But to be honest the most I ever seen on a tackle was 2 or 3 people.

But hey it is better then nothing. More often then not, if a player has a hit power rating in the high 70s or above, all you going to see is the big hit animation.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #44
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
The only way to do that is to lower individual players tackle and hit power rating. That way the ball carrier won't go instantly down after one hit. But to be honest the most I ever seen on a tackle was 2 or 3 people.

But hey it is better then nothing. More often then not, if a player has a hit power rating in the high 70s or above, all you going to see is the big hit animation.
Again, too many one on one tackles have been a problem, but not as much as the defenders don't "swarm" the ball, because they're all caught up in blocking animations. I've seen one instance of two players combining on a sack in over 100 games on the full version, and I don't know how many on the demo.

Which is another issue, I rarely see more than one player actually providing a pass rush. At most, I've seen two. You never get a jail break of any sort unless you fool with shifting linemen/linebackers/and blitzing.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #45
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey Skillz here is a good vid i got so far from a game with edited roster I am doing step by step with out the patch but with the tuner set.

Even though it was blocked by the CB it was still a good read by the QB to get rid of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I played a game where I just edited the LBs(1st and 2nd string) jump to 30. I can literally that I really didnt see any Super LB. I was able to make some passes I wouldnt have made without the edits.
Now If I find a way to tune DL disengaging so fast and them reading Screens. I might lower Awareness or PRC very low to see result. Probably around 50 PRC.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
More Findings

70 Agility unlocks the special moves ratings for Running Backs and unlocks all the ratings for WRs. WRs are way more aggressive when it comes to attacking the ball. They actually jump for it now instead of just standing there flat footed.

96 Truck rating unlocks the truck animation, however they seem to do it way too early, like yards before contact. IMO the animation should be made over and have him dip his shoulder much lower.

Spin rating still seems to only happen when spin is in the 70s for RBs. Once you make it pass 79, they tend not do the move at all.

Juke can happen in the 90s, HOWEVER, elusiveness much be in the 70s or lower. And they seem to use it more out in space effectively then running up the middle.

Safe to say it isn't great to have high elusiveness at all if you want them to use other moves. Because this rating seems to cancel out the other special moves if it is in the 80s or above.

70 Ball Carrier Vision is definitely the key to better running AI. Works wonders for QBs, Running Backs, Full Backs, WRs and TEs. The thing I like about it the most is that when the QB does scramble, he scrambles OUTSIDE the tackle box some times and not always up the middle.

And when you throw to a WR for a short pass, it is a 50/50 chance he will turn it into a bigger play because he weaves in and out and not just in a straight line up the field.

So always pair up 70 agility and 70 BCV for the skill positions on offense. Make bubble screens, WR screens, TE screens, HB screens, middle screens, reverses, jet sweeps, option runs a thing of beauty to see.

Coaching Sliders

Hands down, the best CPU game play you will see is when the offense and defense is at MAX CONSERVATIVE. The AI uses way more of their play book on this setting and they can sustain drives much more often as well.

On the flip side, max aggressiveness, you see a lot of bad play calling, CPU having a hard time driving down the field and when they do get into the red zone, they stall out and end up kicking FGs a lot because they can't get into the end zone. They become dumb as nails basically.

So make sure you change it in the coaches roster file. Changing it in game doesn't have the same effect.
RE agility and BCV. Are you saying they have to be exactly 70 or above 70?

For coaching aggression, this was on All-American right? Will you see similar results on Heisman? I notice the CPU calls better plays on Heisman anyways, but they also blitz more often on Heisman.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
NCAA 11 is programmed a tad bit different. In that game, what ever you had rated higher far as spin or juke, that was what the CPU RB used. However I haven't tested it out with 70BCV in NCAA 11.
NCAA 11 IMO has the best gameplay hands down after edits....

It seems like any rating you touch effects some aspect of gameplay regardless if it's high or low.

These types of threads and the wishlist threads makes you wonder do they (EA) really have game testers or not....

I don't even bother to speak much about ratings or the game anymore because after 5 years i feel as though with all the information posted and videos showing how ratings work and IMPACT gameplay it should be their job to finally take action on all this feedback.

The QB's in NCAA Football have been able to do a few things on the field quite differently after edits every single year. But why hasn't EA made this possible out of the box.

It's kinda like NCAA 09 the wide open gameplay and defense in that years version is vastly improved simply by increasing the pursuit ratings alone.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »