Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Until just a couple weeks ago I had never played a game of any kind online. I bought an online card mainly to download things and such, honestly. I think online playing can be an enjoyable thing if you're surrounded by people who like to PLAY FOOTBALL and not cheese. Unfortunately, its hard to find people who don't cheese. I must admit though in the couple of unranked online games I played where cheese wasn't present I really enjoyed myself. Because it is fun to play against another human that will make smart decisions and make you think as opposed to playing a computer when you pretty much know the computers every move. That being said online gameplay isn't something I'm a huge fan nor will it make or break a game for me. Admittedly, I'm a loner and I enjoy gaming alone. So I guess the story line/presentation/general gameplay are more important to me than the online jazz. The fact is though, a company should maintain a balance between the two sides, the online and the offline. I probably don't think like a normal 17 year old, and unlike most 17 year olds I don't enjoy COD or anything like that. In fact, I can't remember the last time NCAA/Madden/NBA/MLB weren't in my console. Its probably been a year or more.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
all my edits bring me back to agility, with high agility all sorts of craziness happen

as skillz mentioned earlier lower agility causes backs to be aware of a would be tackler or player on the ground..

you will see the wr/db shoving match( which is a blatant flag)

with high agility a balanced qb will change running directions 5 times in the same spot then launch a bomb without looking whereas with lower agility( still being a balanced qb) he may roll out...

give a DB 40 agility and he could not cover anyone bump it up and remove everything else that s a DB skill rating and he is revis as skillz mentioned.... i have just concluded that agility should be called technique

if you think of it as technique it makes better sense in the EA rating world. thats the only way they could explain how a 6'7 245 Lb/DE could have an 88 on alabama and 5'9 wr on arkansas have an 83

also how EA progresses agility to show how players improve further proves it should be called technique. In madden/ncaa a breakout year gets a player a 10+ improvement....

i am going re-rate to the SEC using it as technique, as for the tendencies i learned to off set them with points from other non OVR boosting ratings

agility imo controls animation speed or trigger window it seems not sure but it delivers the extreme results i am looking for....
Agility and strength are the 2 attributes that are combined with other attributes to form the players ability.

Ex:
strength + RB Strength
strength + Block Shedding
agility + man coverage
agility + RB Footwork
Old 01-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Really not that long of a time. Takes about 30 minutes to 35 minutes per a team. If you go in with the attitude of OMG it is 120 teams, you will never be motivated to do it.
Some of us have a family and a job. No freaking way I am spending time editing the rosters. That is why I pay $60 for this game, so EA can do it. Unacceptable.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Whooaaaaaaaa

35 minutes.... times 120.... No way dude... that's incredible
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #69
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
Whooaaaaaaaa

that still doesn't help much for Dynasty, because you will end up recruiting the CPU created guys....I'm just sick of the play recognition in this game (both last yr and this years), where it's just painfully obvious they kno the play.....they should not KNO the play, they should be reacting to what you do as its happening......
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #70
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Agility and strength are the 2 attributes that are combined with other attributes to form the players ability.

Ex:
strength + RB Strength
strength + Block Shedding
agility + man coverage
agility + RB Footwork
Strength really don't have that much effect on people in NCAA 12 like it should. Because a 0 strength offensive lineman could still hold back a 99 strength DT and even push back that DT on running plays.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
Whooaaaaaaaa

its actually 35 x 12 opponents. Also after the first year you only need to really edit freshman.

I personally only edit RB, WR, QB, and TE, and Tackle. It only takes about 15 min before each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Strength really don't have that much effect on people in NCAA 12 like it should. Because a 0 strength offensive lineman could still hold back a 99 strength DT and even push back that DT on running plays.
This came straight from the developers mouth. Strength means a lot in this game. A 0 strength OLinmen will get plowed over by a 99 strength DT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »