Home

The Update Is Making Me Red Ring (360)

This is a discussion on The Update Is Making Me Red Ring (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Update Is Making Me Red Ring (360)

The title does say it all. But I'll describe my problem.

My xbox is in a well ventilated area. Its basically on stand by itself. Nothing is obstructing it. Nothing preventing its airflow. My Xbox is clean. I spray the dust out with Air, just like my computer. I wipe it down with those LCD Screen wipes. I take good care of it. Its software is up to date. Ive never had any problem with my Xbox at all. I did buy it in 2007.

Now Ive been playing Skyrim for a minute. Im sure some of you have as well. I decided it was time to get my College Football on. I pop in the disc, brand new btw. I download the Update that it asked you to DL when you first start the game.

I get to looking at the rosters like we usually do when we first get the game. Im 30 mins in and bam, Xbox Red Rings. 2 Red Rings. Im like wtf? So I go to the trouble shooter they have on the xbox site. Their troubleshooter says my Xbox is overheating. I wasnt even playing the thing! I just turned it on. Fine. I shut it off for an hour. Start it back up, 30 mins into the game, bam, 2 Red Rings again.

So by now I'm fustrated. I install the game on my HDD. 30 mins in, bam, 2 Red Rings. So now I'm like damn, time to buy a new Xbox. So I shut the game off and go to my Netflix app. Ill watch a movie while I search for a good New Xbox sale.

Im 3 hours into my Netflix and I'm like damn, my Xbox isnt Red Ringing. So I pop in the game again. 30 mins in it Red Rings. So I figure by now, its gotta be something I DL'd. So Im checking the tuner files, the roster I DL'd. I delete them. Reinstall them. Redownload the update. 30 mins in boom, Red Rings.

I so say fk it. Im not going to DL that update. Im just going to skip it and go right to the game. 3 Games into my Dynasty and nothing is happening. I dl the tuner update. DL the rosters. But I still dont DL that update. I play my Dynasty again, nothing happens. Im playing smoothly.

I figure out that its the Update that's causing my Xbox to Red Ring.

Basically I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

I contacted Xbox support and they basically told me its time for me to update my Xbox cause NCAA Football 12 has something in the update that my console cant process. I said what a load of ****. I aint buying another Xbox if I have to. And I'll just play without the damn update if thats the case.

Thoughts?

(thanks for reading my wall of text. youre all scholars and gentlemen for it.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmunityBow's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Update Is Making Me Red Ring (360)

I bought my XBOX in 2007 and got the game a month or so ago. I'm fine. I don't even clean my XBOX. Must be some discompatibility with the new xbox update and the pre xbox update... update :P
Old 12-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

I never seen that happen. all i can think of is just to play that game offline... i heard the pre-update is better than the updated versions anyway... only downside is if you want to play online and that isnt really much of a big deal.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmunityBow
I bought my XBOX in 2007 and got the game a month or so ago. I'm fine. I don't even clean my XBOX. Must be some discompatibility with the new xbox update and the pre xbox update... update :P
The new Xbox Dashboard update works just fine for every other game. It only red rings when I install the games update.

Ive been playing two days str8 without the Game Update and I havent crashed not even once.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
I never seen that happen. all i can think of is just to play that game offline... i heard the pre-update is better than the updated versions anyway... only downside is if you want to play online and that isnt really much of a big deal.
Yeah I dont even play people Online. So I just play without the update. Works like a charm.

I wish I knew why its doing this tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, this did happen to me. Happened to both of my old systems. Once the updates came out the game would freeze all the time and red rings would follow. Considering my systems were old I decided to get a new one. it has not happened once with my new system. Probably not what you wanted to hear.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Banned

I havent been able to play any of my Online Dynasties since the Title Patch 4. Really effing killing me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »