Home

The Lateral

This is a discussion on The Lateral within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
The Lateral

If you ask me, this is really jacked up in NCAA 12, but maybe it's just me not doing something correctly.

Maybe twenty percent of the time I try to execute one of these will it actually work. Nothing makes me more furious than watching my player slam the ball into the ground causing it to pinball across the field or throw the ball halfway across the field with no one within twenty yards when there was an obvious pitch man three feet behind or adjacent to the ball carrier with no defender to molest the pitch. Is there a method to the control of the lateral that I'm missing? This is yet another thing I think they had just about perfect back in last generation, although some of my buddies complained the lateral was too powerful in those days.

I'm not wanting superman plays. I just want to be able to pitch the ball when returning an interception or a punt without the ball ending up in the tenth row. Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Lateral

To do something like that everything would have to be perfect. You just don't see that very often on an INT or punt. Very hard, in the game and in real life. I just wouldn't do it, I don't think there is a secret.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
If you ask me, this is really jacked up in NCAA 12, but maybe it's just me not doing something correctly.

Maybe twenty percent of the time I try to execute one of these will it actually work. Nothing makes me more furious than watching my player slam the ball into the ground causing it to pinball across the field or throw the ball halfway across the field with no one within twenty yards when there was an obvious pitch man three feet behind or adjacent to the ball carrier with no defender to molest the pitch. Is there a method to the control of the lateral that I'm missing? This is yet another thing I think they had just about perfect back in last generation, although some of my buddies complained the lateral was too powerful in those days.

I'm not wanting superman plays. I just want to be able to pitch the ball when returning an interception or a punt without the ball ending up in the tenth row. Any advice?
that is what would happen in real life if a db or lb tried to pitch
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
No it's not. Sometimes the guys will pitch the ball literally into thin air with no players around when there was an obvious pitch man close by.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

While running and trying not to get hit, without looking back, it's very hard to throw backwards to a guy you can't see.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
While running and trying not to get hit, without looking back, it's very hard to throw backwards to a guy you can't see.
Unlike in real life, players can't even briefly look around themselves. If a player in actual college football wants to pitch the ball, he can look to his sides and behind him. Let's not act like they can't.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I actually wish they would disengage the pitch button on defense and special teams, not make it easier. I cannot count the number of times I have accidentally pitched the ball after an interception because it happened so fast while I was strafing and the game pitched the ball as the camera turned. I came close to completely botching a game on an interception a few days ago. I was user controlling and strafing with the MLB, there was a quick throw to the flat which my zone DE intercepted... the game gave me control of him as the camera rotated, when I was still anticipating controlling the MLB in strafe and I pitched it. Luckily, it went right to one of my guys 10 yards back. Heart attack moment for sure.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
How about they bring the slow turn around back

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »