Home

Game Freezes at Kickoff

This is a discussion on Game Freezes at Kickoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game Freezes at Kickoff

I am in the National Championship game against a human opponent in my online dynasty. We have tried to play three times, and each time, the game has frozen just before kickoff. Is this an EA Server issue or a glitch in the game? I tried to search for answers to this, but no luck so far. Thanks for any and all help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Game Freezes at Kickoff

Pleeeeeeease help...lol...
Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I just had this as well, EXACT same situation. Clemson vs Alabama, National Championship game. We had it freeze twice right after breaking the huddle on the kickoff. Each time, I had one the toss and elected to kick off. The third time, he won the toss, kicked and the game worked perfect the whole way through.

Not sure what the problem could have been but it resolved itself. I really do feel like it was a server issue, because right before hand, I got a "could not connect to the EA servers" in the main menu but was able to sign in just fine. Then today in the same dynasty, we are getting transfer failed messages trying to talk back transferring players.

I have to believe it is just servers, but if in all the games that froze you had the same coin toss selection, maybe try another selection.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I just had this as well, EXACT same situation. Clemson vs Alabama, National Championship game. We had it freeze twice right after breaking the huddle on the kickoff. Each time, I had one the toss and elected to kick off. The third time, he won the toss, kicked and the game worked perfect the whole way through.

Not sure what the problem could have been but it resolved itself. I really do feel like it was a server issue, because right before hand, I got a "could not connect to the EA servers" in the main menu but was able to sign in just fine. Then today in the same dynasty, we are getting transfer failed messages trying to talk back transferring players.

I have to believe it is just servers, but if in all the games that froze you had the same coin toss selection, maybe try another selection.

Thank you very much for the response. We removed injured players from our starting lineups, and I paused the game before selecting "kick middle" from the playbook screen. This worked for us, so I am not sure what the deal was.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, I just didn't understand. I just assumed it was servers since a game directly before the national title (the Big Ten Championship) disconnected right before halftime at a totally different time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »