Home

127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

This is a discussion on 127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

Coaching Carousel I was getting bored dominating with SMU and decided to take my coach and move on. I am 127-11 Career with them and thought I might get a better job. I started my career off with Rutgers and was fired. I went to Western Michigan as the only HC spot that I was offered after being fired and had a great run turning them into a 5 * school. I took the HC job at SMU and have turned them into a powerhouse. 99 ovr 99d and 99o. I have 4 NC's with them and decided to move on.

Here is where I am frustrated. The only 2 HC offers I received were from D+ Overall Utah State and C- Overall Idaho. What the heck? How is this possible?

Discuss.

Edit - I took the job at Utah as a challenge and wow they suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

wuts your alma mater? And have u met certain goals with those schools?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
wuts your alma mater? And have u met certain goals with those schools?
I am in year 2023? I think and have failed 2 Goals in that time. My alma mater is Nebraska. The other odd thing that I have found is my coach's age is only 22 years old. That means he started as a HC when he was 12.... Does the age not go up?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
I am in year 2023? I think and have failed 2 Goals in that time. My alma mater is Nebraska. The other odd thing that I have found is my coach's age is only 22 years old. That means he started as a HC when he was 12.... Does the age not go up?
yea, coaching carousel is very glitchy.....i dunno B
Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I share your frustrations. If you're not a coordinator on this game, you get almost no head coaching jobs. I am in an online dynasty (just with 2 users) and I have been at Rice for 5 years and won more than 40 games. The last offseason that came around the Florida, Arkansas, and Michigan jobs came open after they had won less than 4 games each. These schools had already hired coaches before I was even able to access the carousel. In other words, I didn't even get a sniff at jobs I probably should have. Florida hired the DC from UL Monroe. What a joke. I've said it many times before; if EA doesn't fix the coaching carousel, I'm not buying. It was the only reason I bought this years game. I should've expected it wouldn't be very well done the first time out. I just couldn't resist. The logic needs some severe work in this development cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I share your frustrations. If you're not a coordinator on this game, you get almost no head coaching jobs. I am in an online dynasty (just with 2 users) and I have been at Rice for 5 years and won more than 40 games. The last offseason that came around the Florida, Arkansas, and Michigan jobs came open after they had won less than 4 games each. These schools had already hired coaches before I was even able to access the carousel. In other words, I didn't even get a sniff at jobs I probably should have. Florida hired the DC from UL Monroe. What a joke. I've said it many times before; if EA doesn't fix the coaching carousel, I'm not buying. It was the only reason I bought this years game. I should've expected it wouldn't be very well done the first time out. I just couldn't resist. The logic needs some severe work in this development cycle.
its just stupid. there is not one aspect of this game that actually works.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
its just stupid. there is not one aspect of this game that actually works.
well, that's a little harsh but it does seem when EA wants to do something new, they dont even half-*** it, they quarter-*** it, u kno? And then they secretly remove features without telling you (vibration control, custom playbooks removed for 4 years)....makes you wonder what they talk about in their meetings....."ok, so this go-round, we're not gonna touch 85% of the game, but those mascots and 3D grass? gotta get that squared away".....
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

So after year 2 (of my 4 year contract) as OC of ULM... I was offered the following jobs:

OC:
Nevada
Washington
Boston College
Airforce
Louisville
UNLV
NIU
Rice
Rutgers
Troy
Minnesota
Tulsa
Duke
ECU
Hawaii
UMD
WKU
Army

HC:
Virginia
Wyoming
Akron
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Cincinatti
Idaho
La Tech
Memphis

I think the success is mainly because I came on here and asked others what the best way to progress is. From what I was told it is best to finish out your contracts. And stay as an OC until you get your dream HC job. (I know that last part defies conventional wisdom.)

Last edited by invisiblespoon; 01-05-2012 at 09:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »