Home

NCAA's license expiration

This is a discussion on NCAA's license expiration within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA's license expiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I doubt it will change much.

2K hasn't made a good football game this generation. Assuming they will make a good game because NFL 2K5 was good is a big step, it will be seven development cycles later. Not to mention there are issues over at 2K as it is (downsizing and mainly in their sports department).

Unless a developer has an engine in place waiting for the license to expire, we won't see a game for at least 2 to 3 years from any developer, any sooner and it won't be no better than NCAA. I could see, 2K or another developer making the NCAA into a fake 'NFL' in order to profit off that and see it working somewhat successfully.

I just don't see much changing, the NCAA Football market simply wasn't competitive before the license hit, I don't see that changing anytime soon. (Sadly).
I liked APF 2k8 from a gameplay standpoint. Passing, OL/DL and WR/DB direction was way better than NCAA has it. If it had a true Season Mode, than I would be still playing it.
But, I dont see it happening
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Does this just apply to NCAA Football? Or does it apply to NCAA Basketball as well? I'd love to see 2K make an NCAA Basketball game. I would play the s*** out of that.
I dont think they stopped due to license. I think they just stopped/
I would love to play with NBA 2k12 graphics and parts of gameplay(beside fastbreak) and an updated Legacy. I would always play it
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I liked APF 2k8 from a gameplay standpoint. Passing, OL/DL and WR/DB direction was way better than NCAA has it. If it had a true Season Mode, than I would be still playing it.
The gameplay wasn't too bad on APF 2k8, but I'm not sure 2k would be able to translate their engine to the college game.

The APF series had some potential. If you could have instead used fictional players and been able to customize them to your liking, and actually managed to have a dynasty mode, you would have had a nice game.

I just wish the NCAA team had some direction. It just seems like that they're all over the place right now on what they actually want the series to be. It's like they try to have an arcade series, yet try and have sim style game play at the same time. With it like it is, nobody is really happy with the game.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I really didn't care for it at all. I can't say I paid attention much to OL/DL interaction but it was generally easier to play because one tactic seemed to work a majority of the time. Not to say NCAA doesn't have the same issues, I'd put it above Backbreaker easily but it doesn't compete much with the current NCAA / Madden (game play stance).

Not that I wouldn't love a superior football game regardless of what studio produces it, but I don't see anything happening anytime soon. NCAA is somewhat of a challenge to produce thanks to recruiting and everything and the game would need most of the customization features of NCAA to be competitive, not that NCAA is a behemoth, but still a bit overwhelming for a less than year cycle.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I really didn't care for it at all. I can't say I paid attention much to OL/DL interaction but it was generally easier to play because one tactic seemed to work a majority of the time. Not to say NCAA doesn't have the same issues, I'd put it above Backbreaker easily but it doesn't compete much with the current NCAA / Madden (game play stance).

Not that I wouldn't love a superior football game regardless of what studio produces it, but I don't see anything happening anytime soon. NCAA is somewhat of a challenge to produce thanks to recruiting and everything and the game would need most of the customization features of NCAA to be competitive, not that NCAA is a behemoth, but still a bit overwhelming for a less than year cycle.
I think this is the could be the "year" for NCAA. They are set up to be one of the top sports games this year. I see NCAA(in its current state) as a football team that is contender for a title. It is a few pieces a way from being a serious contender. All it needs is to fix gameplay, audio/presentation, improve Dynasty and RTG and it could be a great game.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
I think this is the could be the "year" for NCAA. They are set up to be one of the top sports games this year. I see NCAA(in its current state) as a football team that is contender for a title. It is a few pieces a way from being a serious contender. All it needs is to fix gameplay, audio/presentation, improve Dynasty and RTG and it could be a great game.
Ummm I really don't mean to sound like a douche, but isnt like saying is all they need to do is fix the whole game lol
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
Ummm I really don't mean to sound like a douche, but isnt like saying is all they need to do is fix the whole game lol
I was thinking that. That was basically the entire game besides Online.
I forgot/meant to put add depth to RTG and Dynasty not Improve it. Improve it makes it sound like fixing/overhauling the entire mode. I mean adding little things to add replayability.
I would be cool with them Focusing only on Gameplay and Audio/Presentation. As far as Audio/Presentation, I mean doing something with Commentary. Presentation just adding more stat overlays and Maddens camera angles on replays and other stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick865
I just wish the NCAA team had some direction.
I just want whatever their direction is to just be consistent. Focus on main priorities(Gameplay), and Im okay.
They have improved alot of things that alot of people wanted, but not to the full extent. It will take time. I hope they are done with the Pre-game intros. I was one of the ones who didnt have a problem with it and acutally wanted to go to a team that has one, but I usually skip it. When I do watch it, it is to watch the Player to Watch for. And that is basically just the same lines for similar players that get old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »