Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #49
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Sorry, I thought I posted this on Friday.

It actually was happening in game modes. I confirmed it on Friday, submitted a bug report and personally showed the issue to the team member responsible for testing those kinds of things. This one was the only thing they were completely unaware of while I was there, LOL. Great catch.

yes!!! Thank you for doing this Shaun. I hope to see that they will fix this issue...did it seem pretty encouraging that they will fix this issue? I hope this is something they just don't push aside and ignore. Do they give you feedback on these types of things? I am just trying to understand a little better.

This could be good news for guys that have been bothered by this for so many years. Did you happen to tell the guys at EA about how many people have posted complaining about this bug so that they know this is a wide-spread problem?

Man this could be great news!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #50
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Sorry, I thought I posted this on Friday.

It actually was happening in game modes. I confirmed it on Friday, submitted a bug report and personally showed the issue to the team member responsible for testing those kinds of things. This one was the only thing they were completely unaware of while I was there, LOL. Great catch.
While I am glad that you made the issue aware to developers ..I am totally confused and in amazement that they weren't aware of this issue. This issue has been in the bugs and glitch threads for years and there have been numerous threads detailing this issue. Wel lthanks for making them aware I hope it gets fixed...along with PI ....
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #51
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
While I am glad that you made the issue aware to developers ..I am totally confused and in amazement that they weren't aware of this issue. This issue has been in the bugs and glitch threads for years and there have been numerous threads detailing this issue. Wel lthanks for making them aware I hope it gets fixed...along with PI ....
You are assuming that people actually read those threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #52
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think all of the body proportion sliders are kind of wonky and unpredictable. Maybe not actually functional in some cases. The skinny arm glitch has always been annoying though. I remember editing LeGarette Blount in NCAA 09 and he ended up looking like he had child arms. I think some generated recruits also suffer from the skinny arm glitch so that might be something to check into as well. Good to hear EA is aware of this now.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #53
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
You are assuming that people actually read those threads.
I think most people who posted in "those" threads assumed that they were reading the posts especially since the glitches had to be notated in a specific way. I would hope that they would at least glance at the posts to find out whats wrong..and to garner feedback for patches..Furthermore why wouldn,t they read those threads man...
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I think most people who posted in "those" threads assumed that they were reading the posts especially since the glitches had to be notated in a specific way. I would hope that they would at least glance at the posts to find out whats wrong..and to garner feedback for patches..Furthermore why wouldn,t they read those threads man...
I'm with you on this one. Thats sour, folks just typing in there just to be typing lol. I was under the impression that "those" threads would be looked at the most for the simple fact that it seems like there are lots of easy cosmetic fixes located there.

No wonder those revolution facemasks have been all out of wack for years and years, 9 times out of 10 they haven't even read about the **** yet lol. I know for a fact that facemasks would be an extremely quick edit/fix. I've dealt with open editors within games, I'm sure its the same with those player models.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 04-24-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #55
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
yes!!! Thank you for doing this Shaun. I hope to see that they will fix this issue...did it seem pretty encouraging that they will fix this issue? I hope this is something they just don't push aside and ignore. Do they give you feedback on these types of things? I am just trying to understand a little better.

This could be good news for guys that have been bothered by this for so many years. Did you happen to tell the guys at EA about how many people have posted complaining about this bug so that they know this is a wide-spread problem?

Man this could be great news!
Any word Shaun? I am just trying to get a feel for how they handle the situation when you reported the bug, and if there is a good possibility that this will be fixed? What was the guy's reaction once he saw this bug, and is he aware that this is something that has been around for about 3-4 years?

Thanks!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Definitely hope this is fixed. I tried to make a 5'10 215 RB with big arms, and he still looked like a scat back. I like how Madden has a arm slider and a definition slider. Trent Richardson should have huge arms, not arms like a Desean Jackson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »