Home

Recruiting Assistance Won't Turn Off

This is a discussion on Recruiting Assistance Won't Turn Off within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Recruiting Assistance Won't Turn Off

Near the end of the offseason recruiting set, the CPU adds like twenty 3-star players onto my board and signs them and I dont want them. And this is WITH all 3 recruiting assistance options turned off. Any help here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Recruiting Assistance Won't Turn Off

That happened to me too. Strange I thought it was something I did, guess not.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I recently started noticing this. I just started a 2 man online dynasty where we just recruit and sim games and I had a miserable class of like 9 players I recruited. Then after the 5th week of offseason, all of a sudden like 13 more guys were added to my class that I never even looked at. I ended up 10 over when I had to cut people and cut all but 3 they added.

A few actually weren't bad. High 60's rated WR's with mid 90's speed that I kept since I'm a 3* school and maybe they develop. But like 9 of the recruits the CPU added were WR, so I ended cut players with about 17 WR's.

I had never seen this before this particular dynasty and recruiting assistance is definitely off. Wonder what the cause is and why I haven't seen it in other dynasties. Or maybe I just didn't notice right away.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

There was a big discussion about this when the game came out. It has always happened to me in every off season, no matter what. The house rules in our OD is that you must cut everyone the CPU signs for you at the end, regardless of how good they are or how much they might help you.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
There was a big discussion about this when the game came out. It has always happened to me in every off season, no matter what. The house rules in our OD is that you must cut everyone the CPU signs for you at the end, regardless of how good they are or how much they might help you.
smh.....and that RhynoAid guy is on here fanning the hype flames on the Community Day thread....but meanwhile, NCAA 13 will come out with new bugs...recruiting assistance options worked every year up until now. What changed that they lost control over it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
smh.....and that RhynoAid guy is on here fanning the hype flames on the Community Day thread....but meanwhile, NCAA 13 will come out with new bugs...recruiting assistance options worked every year up until now. What changed that they lost control over it?
I'm not sure it is tied to recruiting assistance because none of these guys are on the recruiting board, don't take visits and don't get recruiting minutes. They are scholarship players though, which is just weird.

I have a feeling it is a designed thing. Something along the lines of a preferred walkon program, where a school that doesn't necessarily want to commit a scholarship to a recruit will invite that recruit to be a preferred walkon with an opportunity to earn a scholarship. But most of these guys are just useless, none are guys you attempted to recruit and there are SO many. With a 70 man roster limit, you're forced to cut most of them anyway.

I'm kind of amazed I didn't notice this until just this week in the offseason of a simulation dynasty. I guess in most of my other classes I had be able to sign 20 or so guys a year and so it didn't sign extras or I signed so many I didn't notice. This year I had signed 9 and it loaded me up with those guys and it was very obvious.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm not sure it is tied to recruiting assistance because none of these guys are on the recruiting board, don't take visits and don't get recruiting minutes. They are scholarship players though, which is just weird.

I have a feeling it is a designed thing. Something along the lines of a preferred walkon program, where a school that doesn't necessarily want to commit a scholarship to a recruit will invite that recruit to be a preferred walkon with an opportunity to earn a scholarship. But most of these guys are just useless, none are guys you attempted to recruit and there are SO many. With a 70 man roster limit, you're forced to cut most of them anyway.

I'm kind of amazed I didn't notice this until just this week in the offseason of a simulation dynasty. I guess in most of my other classes I had be able to sign 20 or so guys a year and so it didn't sign extras or I signed so many I didn't notice. This year I had signed 9 and it loaded me up with those guys and it was very obvious.
right.....like 8 or 9 receivers? extra QBs? come on....the lack of control we have over dynasty is getting ridiculous now....

and it's a big issue for me because I struggle to recruit large classes. To be honest, I dont understand how anyone recruits more than 13 or 14 quality players with only 10 hours a week, meanwhile, the elite CPU's can get 20 four to five star players, many times getting 2 or 3 instant commits week one? smh....it's annoying how they've screwed up dynasty
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ive had it happen too, I think its only in the final week of the offseason and only if you havent brought in a lot of recruits and like said above they are usually useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »