Home

wont be fooled again after '12

This is a discussion on wont be fooled again after '12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
wont be fooled again after '12

Its become increasingly obvious that the game looks as it has year after year. Penalties called excessivley. Wrong penalties like clipping called when block in the back should be called. Pass interference is never called along with intentional grounding.

For me, its going to take more than some hype machine to get me to even look at getting this game. Expanded roster, better blocking, no phycic dbs and linebackers.

My overall prediction is that Haumiller will come out and say how they changed this and fixed that, made this better and what happens, nothing but more glitches and broken programming while they get more $60 dollars from everyone.

Goodluck on '13....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: wont be fooled again after '12

go cry more seriously.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I play NCAA football because it's my only option. Great used prices on this game are the easiest to find. Hmm.....

Other than that I think you're spot on. Those who tell you to go cry a river or whatever are the ones that are satisfied with a below average game or a game that doesn't present a true sim feel of what you see on the gridiron. This game is filled with some many broken features in gameplay but don't worry the lighting and art is exceptional. Just what we're looking for.

Sure I could go throw the 'ole pads on, run around the yard and injury my kids with devestating hits like back in the day but naw, I'd rather play a better game of college football on my PS3. Instead I end up playing other sports games because they "get it". It has something to do with the word "authentic"

Then again it could have something to do with more talented development teams or a better focus of what the hardcore gamers are looking for. Maybe both combined. Maybe it has to do with selective listening. The whispers are out there. If you build it.....
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

I just don't want to spend $60 dollars on an upgraded '12 game with maybe fixed online play and little else.

Offensive line stats have been messed up for years and I dont think they are gonna be fixed either. They'll claim there's not enough space for 85 roster which is bs. Its not like it takes gigs to store names and stats.

Like the LSU game this week being that they were too comfortable, I guess thats how the developers are. No competition, so they can get comfortable and make sub-par games.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Its become increasingly obvious that the game looks as it has year after year. Penalties called excessivley. Wrong penalties like clipping called when block in the back should be called. Pass interference is never called along with intentional grounding.

For me, its going to take more than some hype machine to get me to even look at getting this game. Expanded roster, better blocking, no phycic dbs and linebackers.

My overall prediction is that Haumiller will come out and say how they changed this and fixed that, made this better and what happens, nothing but more glitches and broken programming while they get more $60 dollars from everyone.

Goodluck on '13....

I don't see were penalties are to excessive, no they never call intentional grounding but they do call pass interference. The block in the back thing is wrong also, but not a game killer for me. There are other things that are messed up in the game that are a lot worse then penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I don't see were penalties are to excessive, no they never call intentional grounding but they do call pass interference. The block in the back thing is wrong also, but not a game killer for me. There are other things that are messed up in the game that are a lot worse then penalties.
I don't know what game you're playing, but it's definitely not NCAA12. Pass Interference is never called unless you, the user, run over the offensive or defensive player my manually taking control. I've probably played close to 200 games since relase date and never seen this called.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulstar12
go cry more seriously.
Very productive. This helped the discussion immensely. People are entitled to whine and cry, lord knows you'll see more and more of these if the transfer failed issue that was claimed to be fixed, continues to drive people insane for the months to come.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
I don't know what game you're playing, but it's definitely not NCAA12. Pass Interference is never called unless you, the user, run over the offensive or defensive player my manually taking control. I've probably played close to 200 games since relase date and never seen this called.

Turn the slider up all the way. It's not called a lot, but I have seen it twice in the last 2 games I've played, and I play on coach mode. In the whole time I have been playing I've seen it 6 or 7 times.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

OP is right, Pass Interference is rarely called, and i have the sliders all the way up. and its never called on the CPU.

and the intentional grounding by the CPU is crazy!! the computer just blantenly throws it away frequently and nothing is called.

That being said, i have fun with the game despite its flaws, and ill probably be purchasing the next one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »