Home

Age of Gamers

This is a discussion on Age of Gamers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Age of Gamers

What is the age of most of the gamers here?

I am 26 and I wonder if I am getting to old to be playing these games, is there something else I should be spending my time on. I only buy and play 2 games every year, NCAA and MADDEN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Age of Gamers

31 here. I dont purchase/play nearly as much as I used to, but still have a soft spot for my games. Mostly a late night hobby when then kids are down.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

First off, you are probably not going to find too many people on a gaming website saying that you are too old to play video games. However to answer your question, I am 27 and still play some video games, especially as you mentioned, the sports video games. I never really started playing video games until college and a little more after college, I find it as a nice release. Now I do not get into the real fictional, fantasy type games and I for one wish that there were more GTA, RDR type games out there, but again I absolutely enjoy my football, basketball, and baseball video games. I also believe that you need to balance them, I have a pretty good workout routine and I would never choose playing a video game over going out with my wife and/or friends of course.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Eighteen.

@AdamdotH
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I appreciate the responses guys. I have played video games all my life and only sports games. I never got into the other types of games, that just wan't me. I have just always loved the sports games b/c I have played sports all my life and through college. I am now a teacher and coach, wanted to stay around sports anyway that I could. I would never choose to play video games over hanging out with family or friends. I was mainly asking because sometimes I guess I feel that I could do more productive things, like reading a book or something. I have thought about selling my PS3, but I am afraid if I do I will regret it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo106822
What is the age of most of the gamers here?

I am 26 and I wonder if I am getting to old to be playing these games, is there something else I should be spending my time on. I only buy and play 2 games every year, NCAA and MADDEN.
I have read that the average gamer is around 30. So no you are not too old. Gaming is moving towards adults anyways. The dumb kids can keep their Wii
Old 01-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm 37. I love my games, but spend more time hunting and fishing then playing video games.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

31 years old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »