Home

Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

This is a discussion on Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #25
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: TAKING SIGN-UP'S - Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink
Purdue TheNumber35/BEEFCAKE 2135
Fixed my GT above, you had the letters GT in front of it and there are spaces between BEEFCAKE and 2135...not really that big of a deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

Bulldogs leave the Tigers stumped.

Starting the season out at #19, the Bulldogs wanted to prove to the nation that it wasn't a fluke, and that they're the real deal. Chris Relf had a considerable showing, completing fourteen passes for a total of 286 yards and three touchdowns, along with 30 yards on the ground.

On the receiving end for Relf's touchdowns were Bumphis (91 total yards), Clark (82 total yards), and Ballard (22 total yards, in addition to 72 yards on the ground).

Holding up the backfield was the becoming-dangerous duo that is Perkins and Ballard, combining for 149 yards and three touchdowns.

The Bulldogs held down Memphis' offensive line with a collection of five sacks.

Mississippi State's first real test comes next week against the current-ranked #12 Auburn Tigers in Jordan-Hare Stadium. A challenge, it will be!

Last edited by EUBlink; 01-29-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #27
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Purdue hires young gun Gillespie, looks to the future

WEST LAFAYETTE, IN-- Purdue University has decided how to fill it's head coaching vacancy, deciding upon former Eastern Michigan Offensive Coordinator Brandon Gillespie. Gillespie, graduate of Eastern, got his big break as a recruiting assistant for Ron English and quickly rose through the ranks of coaching and eventually found his way to the Offensive Coordinator job. In his 3 seasons as the OC at EMU, the Eagles ranked in the top 10 in rushing and 3rd down conversion percentage. He also was a big part in the Eagles turn around offensively.

Gillespie appears to be a smart, humble young mind from the outside and his press conference seemed to echo that as well. "First off, before we get started here, I'd like to say thank you to Coach [English] for all he's done for me...without him, I don't think I'd even be coaching in college football today. He's really seen what others didn't in me, and I can't thank him enough for giving me my big break," Gillespie said as he began his introductory press conference. He continued, "Now, I'm humbled that Purdue has decided to make me the next head coach of this excellent program and I can't wait to get started on recruiting and gameplanning for Middle Tennessee State."

Gillespie is well-known for featuring a very balanced attack with a heavy emphasis on the running game being used to set up his pass, and it seems his strategy will be very similar at Purdue, "My ideal offense? Well to start with, I've gotta get the ball to Ralph [Bolden] at least 20 times a game, that kid can straight up ball and everything we do offensively starts with him. But of course, Robert Marve is a hell of a player too and I hope he can contribute as well as his abilities indicate he can."

An overall serious press conference was intruded with little bits of Gillespie's humor. Gillespie is well-known for his antics and overall relaxed attitude which really makes his players love him. This Q&A is a pretty good indicator of what Purdue fans may be in store for over the season in press conferences.

Reporter: So what do you think about being in such a prestigious conference? About making your mark on this storied Big 10 conference?

Gillespie: Well, I don't think I'll ever be able to make a solid imprint on this league...that is unless I decide to put on a sweater vest and sell my signed visor to help pay for my tattoos. Personally, if I were a reporter, I'd bet on the tattoos thing...I really don't fill out a sweater vest all that well.

Overall, this reporter can see Purdue winning 8 or 9 games this season and making a bowl game appearance due to an easy out of conference schedule mixed in with a challenging but not overwhelming Big 10 schedule.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #28
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Awesome write-up, 35.

Advanced to week two. Next advance will be by 10pm CST on Wednesday, February 1st. Moving along nicely so far.

If anyone has complaints and/or suggestions about the sliders set we're using, feel free to share. I'm game for adjusting as needed to keep everything challenging while fun.

Good luck this next weekend!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink
Awesome write-up, 35.

Advanced to week two. Next advance will be by 10pm CST on Wednesday, February 1st. Moving along nicely so far.

If anyone has complaints and/or suggestions about the sliders set we're using, feel free to share. I'm game for adjusting as needed to keep everything challenging while fun.

Good luck this next weekend!
Thanks man, I love doing that kind of thing. This one was kind of late, but I made it up trying to post it to the dynasty site...but their formatting is all screwed up. Bottom line would be to expect to see some more of them throughout the season for my games (and other stuff...if you guys want to see anything in specific give me a holler and I'll see what I can put together) lol

But best of luck to everyone in their games this week

ps...I look forward to battling Northwestern for recruits this season, best of luck to you as well my friend
Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #30
Rookie

mavdb23's Arena

OVR: 1

Northwestern Wildcats Depth Chart - 2011
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRDemetrius FieldsCharles BrownDrew Moulton
TEDrake DunsmoreJohn PlasenciaBrett Nagel
LTAl NetterChuck Porcelli
LGBrian MulroeColin Armstrong
CBen Burkett
RGDoug BartelsBrandon Vitabile
RTNeal DeitersPaul Jorgenson
WRJeremy EbertRashad Lawrence
QBDan PersaEvan WatkinsTrevor Siemian
HBMike TrumpyJacob SchmidtJordan Perkins
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEKevin WattTyler Scott
LDTJack DiNardoNiko Mafuli
RDTBrian ArnfeltChance Carter
RDEVince BrowneQuentin Williams
WLBBryce McNaulTim RileyCollin Ellis
MLBDavid NwabuisiWill StudienDamien Proby
SLBBen JohnsonChi Chi Ariguzo
CBJordan MabinDemetrius Dugar
SSBrian PetersHunter BatesDavion FlemingIbraheim Cambell
FSDavid ArnoldMike BoldenJared Carpenter
CBJeravin MatthewsCJ Bryant
Old 01-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
Rookie

mavdb23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35

ps...I look forward to battling Northwestern for recruits this season, best of luck to you as well my friend
I look forward to battling you for recruits as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #32
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Purdue pounds Rice behind potent rushing attack

The (0-1) Rice Owls traveled to West Lafayette to play the (1-0) Purdue Boilermakers. This game was a gigantic blowout (Purdue's second of the season) with the final being 76-9. The fact of the matter was that Purdue had Ralph Bolden while Rice didn't. Bolden continued his rushing tear as he goes 30 touches for 321 yards and 5 touchdowns, averaging a daunting 10.7 yards per touch! He was also assisted by Robert Marve who added a 71 yard touchdown on a sneak play which was designed to gain a yard and end the game...Marve proceeded to break the tackle and scamper 71 yards downfield for the score. Marve's passing was not as effective as it was against Middle Tennessee as he threw a touchdown, but added two INTs as well.

Coach Gillespie after the game was ecstatic about his teams performances in the first two games, "I'm thrilled the way our guys have played these first two weeks against two solid opponents. The defense is playing lights out and they are really the start of all our success. Not to mention the line is getting a great push consistently which is why Ralph is having a lot of success...but don't get me wrong, Ralph is an amazing talent and he is playing out of his mind right now."

Gillespie held Bolden out of the 4th quarter after the game was well out of reach. When asked about his star running back's status for next week, he smirked and replied, "I was wondering when you would ask that question. Let me answer your question with another question...Did you guys see Robert rumbling down the sideline (looks at Marve and winks)? He looked like he really hated my *** for calling that sneak...and I can't believe he got away from the defenders! They must have been tired from being on the field the whole game or something because my god Robert is slower than Charlie Weis ever as *chuckles*. Sorry bud, but you can be slow as long as you keep throwing the ball like you are.

But on a serious note, he'll play, I'm sure Akron hopes he won't...but I just held him out to get some rest and so the score wouldn't end up 100-9, if I wanted to see that happen I would just go play NCAA on my Xbox."

The Boilermakers have gotten off to an excellent start at 2-0 and look poised to make it 3-0 next weekend against Akron, a perennial bottom dweller in the MAC conference.

Last edited by TheNumber35; 01-30-2012 at 01:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »