Home

Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

This is a discussion on Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #33
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

I think it's pretty obvious that the sliders need to be changed if we have 3* teams destroying other FBS teams by 66, 67, and 73 points. Granted, part of that is in people not letting off the throttle. People, take a knee when you're winning handily to run out the clock instead of running with your quarterback all the way down the field for a touchdown.

Halfbacks are averaging 10 yards a carry in games -- at least.

From just the two weeks of games being played we have these sort of numbers:

30 rushes, 321 yards, 5 TDs
28 rushes, 249 yards, 4 TDs
25 rushes, 203 yards, 2 TDs
3 rushes, 112 yards
17 rushes, 176 yards, 1 TD
12 rushes, 171 yards, 2 TDs
23 rushes, 124 yards, 1 TD

Sorry, but no Big 10 halfback is going to get 200+ yards very often outside of Montee Ball. The only halfback out of the user-controlled teams that I can see doing this are Brandon Bolden and maybe even Vick Ballard. Even then, I don't see them doing this consistently.

C'mon guys, when you're up by 40-50 points just turn the chew clock on and start kneeling the ball in the final minute. The rules of this dynasty stipulate no stat padding.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #34
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
I think it's pretty obvious that the sliders need to be changed if we have 3* teams destroying other FBS teams by 66, 67, and 73 points. Granted, part of that is in people not letting off the throttle. People, take a knee when you're winning handily to run out the clock instead of running with your quarterback all the way down the field for a touchdown.

C'mon guys, when you're up by 40-50 points just turn the chew clock on and start kneeling the ball in the final minute. The rules of this dynasty stipulate no stat padding.
I've noticed the same pattern. This is usually how the first couple of rough weeks go with dynasties I've played in, though. Everyone finding a groove.

Let's just reiterate the idea of avoiding stat-padding. Again, if you're up where, in real life, that coach would feel comfortable letting the second string come in, do so. Furthermore, rarely will the second string come in and constantly bomb it down the field. That's just another form of lack of sportsmanship.

All of this being said, I plan on lowering the RB stats on human side by 5-7 points, raising the rush defense on CPU side by 5-7 points as well for week three. That'll give everyone a level playing field for week two. If, from there, we still are seeing freak-HB's on mediocre teams, we'll reevaluate and adjust as needed.

I'm open for all suggestions with sliders. If you feel something could help, by all means, share. We're all in this together to have fun while keeping in challenging.

For the guys posting write-ups and depth charts so far, awesome job. The more emphasis we put forth, the more fun we'll all have.

Now, I'm going to finish my recruiting, hopefully beat the hell out of Auburn, and lay down to try and get over this pneumonia. Wish me luck on that last part.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
Rookie

mavdb23's Arena

OVR: 1

In my defense I didn't play the second half of my last game as a user from another dynasty came on and we had to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink
I've noticed the same pattern. This is usually how the first couple of rough weeks go with dynasties I've played in, though. Everyone finding a groove.

Let's just reiterate the idea of avoiding stat-padding. Again, if you're up where, in real life, that coach would feel comfortable letting the second string come in, do so. Furthermore, rarely will the second string come in and constantly bomb it down the field. That's just another form of lack of sportsmanship.

All of this being said, I plan on lowering the RB stats on human side by 5-7 points, raising the rush defense on CPU side by 5-7 points as well for week three. That'll give everyone a level playing field for week two. If, from there, we still are seeing freak-HB's on mediocre teams, we'll reevaluate and adjust as needed.

I'm open for all suggestions with sliders. If you feel something could help, by all means, share. We're all in this together to have fun while keeping in challenging.

For the guys posting write-ups and depth charts so far, awesome job. The more emphasis we put forth, the more fun we'll all have.

Now, I'm going to finish my recruiting, hopefully beat the hell out of Auburn, and lay down to try and get over this pneumonia. Wish me luck on that last part.
I agree with all that, and I agree the sliders should be changed.

But I do disagree that no Big 10 runners (and backs in this league) can put up 200 yards except Montee Ball...Ralph Bolden is a well-respected running back and injuries have been his problem in his time at Purdue (as well as inconsistent line play). Not to mention all the MSU backs in Bell and Baker being very talented, plus Touissaint from UM putting up damn near 200 against Illinois and Purdue this season in RL. Plus Gannaway at Baylor put up more than 200 a couple time if memory serves me correctly.

But that's all irrelevant, I think your right about the stat padding and I will definitely avoid it in the futute...didn't feel right pounding a team by 60+
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I agree with all that, and I agree the sliders should be changed.

But I do disagree that no Big 10 runners (and backs in this league) can put up 200 yards except Montee Ball...Ralph Bolden is a well-respected running back and injuries have been his problem in his time at Purdue (as well as inconsistent line play). Not to mention all the MSU backs in Bell and Baker being very talented, plus Touissaint from UM putting up damn near 200 against Illinois and Purdue this season in RL. Plus Gannaway at Baylor put up more than 200 a couple time if memory serves me correctly.

But that's all irrelevant, I think your right about the stat padding and I will definitely avoid it in the futute...didn't feel right pounding a team by 60+
I didn't say they couldn't ever get 200+ yards. I said they can't do that sort of thing reliably. Some of the backs in real life can get 200 yards in a game but rarely will you ever see a half back get 200 yards on 20 carries. They get about 25-40 touches that game usually.

If you're going to give your halfback 40 touches a game, I have no problem with him averaging 200 yards.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd love to join this OD if spots are still open, I would like to be UCLA

GT: Simba LK

my friend also wants to join to so he's going to make an OS account real quick
Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #39
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
If you're going to give your halfback 40 touches a game, I have no problem with him averaging 200 yards.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

But my bad on misreading the comment my man, I just saw a potential Big Ten rip and had to defend my boys haha.

Either way, a slider change should be good, will really tone down the stats a little bit, although I hope I can still get 200 yards rushing a game...that is my gameplan going in since Marve is honestly really bad and Bolden takes the pressure off him to win the game with his water gun of an arm lol.

Overall, I think that this is gonna be a fun dynasty to play in...even if I have to play as that one team from Indiana instead of the ol' Maize and Blue
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Forgive me for the restart. Started the game, fully expecting to fly through it before getting tired... didn't happen. My wife thought it was my offline dynasty, so she turned the system off to watch television. Regardless, that's my first strike.

It looks like all of the games have been played. Just waiting on Baylor and Ole Miss to finish recruiting, and we'll have the go-ahead for week three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rained
I'd love to join this OD if spots are still open, I would like to be UCLA

GT: Simba LK

my friend also wants to join to so he's going to make an OS account real quick
Will send invite in a few.

Last edited by EUBlink; 01-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »