Home

Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

This is a discussion on Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #49
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

Tigers slip in final seconds, fall to the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs might not have played a beautiful game; they may not have played a good game offensively at all... but its defense proved to be one of the best in the nation this weekend against LSU.

Alongside State's brilliant defense stands were its amazing special teams, particularly that in the kickoff game. Perkins easily took the MVP honors with his six returns for 258 yards, including one touchdown return.

Mississippi State's defense had five sacks against LSU's offensive line, along with two very crucial fumble recoveries... one for a touchdown in the first half, and the other to seal the victory with mere seconds remaining on the clock.

While State's passing game put up 236 yards, its rushing game left it exposed, netting a mere 21 yards. Despite being out-played in the yardage game, Mississippi State proved to handle the clock control and turnover game in its own favor and that eventually sealed the win.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Nice win Blink, beating LSU must have been a tough but well-deserved victory
Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #51
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

I gotta bump this thread up lol

But I will say something useful, the rushing slider adjustment Blink made seemed to work very well in the first game I played...I was frustrated trying to run the ball on Akron lol. Up until Bolden exploded in the 2nd half I was halfway considering coming on here and ranting about how Akron isn't Alabama or LSU because, in the 1st half, they played like they were haha.

I think we should keep a close eye on the sliders for the next couple games just in case. But right now, it was a good adjustment and well called for, imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #52
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

If anyone is experiencing any glitches, let me know. I've tried to play my game twice today and both times got the infamous black hole glitch. Running down field both times, and my player just disappears and everyone more or less "sucks" to that spot. Lasted for probably ten minutes each time, before the game finally froze altogether.

I'm going to wait until later tonight and try again. Pretty damned frustrating. The last time, it happened with four minutes left in the fourth quarter.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #53
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Coach Gillespie calls Irish out

WEST LAFAYETTE, IN-- In his first season at Purdue, Brandon Gillespie has the Boilermakers at 3-0 for the first time in 4 years and they are playing very well. This has Coach all fired up about his matchup next week the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, an in-state rival no less. Some coaches may not like to put up bulletin board material for tough teams to use...Gillespie took a different approach at his weekly press conference.

"We better beat them, if we don't then somebody did their job wrong and our team doesn't deserve to win the Big 10." Gillespie continued on to attack the Irish and their head coach Brian Kelly. "Personally, if I was Kelly, I would have stayed in Cincinnati...he had a great program and was in the BCS two years in a row. Not to mention all the kids he scorned by up and leaving them behind to go to Notre Dame...which has been a far lesser program than Cinci has these last 10 years. I just don't get why you would leave a great thing and this excellent group of kids to go off and coach a worse team. Must have been a money thing..."

Strong words from the Coach, but can he back them up? Will they beat Notre Dame or flop (much like Coach suggests Brian Kelly did when he took the Notre Dame job)? We'll find out next week when the teams meet on the field, Notre Dame entered today as a 4 point favorite and all the experts believe that the Irish are going to beat Purdue...if this Purdue team is anything like their coach, I would fully expect them to break the mold and surprise everybody on Saturday. My prediction is Purdue 24, Notre Dame 21 and I'm sticking by it.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #54
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Boilermakers back-up Gillespie, Thwhomp Irish 63-7

WEST LAFAYETTE, IN-- The Boilermakers made headlines this week behind their brash, young head coach boldly calling out rival Notre Dame a week before their big and highly anticipated game. The Irish lost their game against Pitt last week and were looking to come back and pound the loudmouth Purdue team...well, somebody got pounded at least.

Purdue came out and punted on their first drive, it looked as though this game could be a defensive struggle where both teams couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat...that was far from the case as Purdue came out on it's first defensive possession and intercepted the first attempt from Dayne Crist and proceeded to march down the field and punch it in with Ralph Bolden. Bolden was injured on the drive and had to leave the game with a minor injury, but that didn't stop him from gaining 61 yards on 12 carries with a TD before he left.

After Bolden left, the first half was dominated by Robert Marve. Marve was calm, cool, and collected in the pocket completing 14/17 for 200 yards and 3 scores in the first half, before being benched in favor of Rob Henry in the 2nd half of the game. Marve connected with 5 different receivers and 4 of those 5 had at least 3 catches.

Leading the way offensively was the running game however. Even after Bolden left, Shavers came in and carried the load just fine rushing for 183 yards on 21 carries and 2 TD runs. Pegram also contributed with 42 yards rushing on 3 carries for a pair of TD runs. After everything was all said and done, the Boilermakers totaled 311 yards on 42 carries for 5 scores.

For the Fighting Irish, Dayne Crist was woeful...completing 9 of 25 passing for 188 yards, a TD (the lone TD of the game for the Irish) and an INT.

After the game, Coach Gillespie had some choice words for the media that had been bashing him all week. "I can't believe all you guys were saying such mean things about me for being confident in my team, if I were a pettier person, I would totally be rubbing it in your faces right now.....so na-na-na-boo-boo-stick-your-head-in-doo-doo."

A reporter brought up Daniel Tosh after Gillespie's joke and he had this to say, "Is that guy still on the air? I thought they would have replaced him by now, dude's not even funny...I kid of course, funny man and I still watch his show when I have some spare time. Honestly, he'll probably make fun of this interview on his show on Tuesday...so just in case he does, *pulls off visor and stands up* PLAYOFFS? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS? I JUST HOPE WE CAN WIN A GAME! *Room fills with laughter* I love Jim Mora man, one of my heroes...good coach and a real funny guy on the podium when it came down to it. But what were we talking about again?"

Purdue plays Minnesota next week in West Lafayette with Ralph Bolden being probable to play with his sprained shoulder.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #55
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

I've had three games fail to save today (and then freeze), and then got the infamous transfer fail when opening the OD. I have transferred commish duties to bellaballa temporarily, retired, and going to see if we can get the ball rolling when I re-join.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #56
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink
I've had three games fail to save today (and then freeze), and then got the infamous transfer fail when opening the OD. I have transferred commish duties to bellaballa temporarily, retired, and going to see if we can get the ball rolling when I re-join.
Sorry to hear that man...I hope you get back in and can keep playing soon. I love this OD and Ralph Bolden is on a tear this year for the Boilers lol. I got him over the 1000 yard mark after this week. But I just lost Marve for 6 weeks!

Looks like its time to open up my pistol playbook with Rob Henry and my potent rushing attack...for now and the future

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »