Home

If you had to download RTG off the Marketplace would that bother you?

This is a discussion on If you had to download RTG off the Marketplace would that bother you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
If you had to download RTG off the Marketplace would that bother you?

-NO COST with the purchase of the game
-It would free up space for bigger rosters, gameplay, commentary, CPB expansion, strategy improvements, crowd improvement and maybe a physics system

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: If you had to download RTG off the Marketplace would that bother you?

Only if they have Custom Quarter Lengths. Being limited to 5 min quarter sucks. But, it wouldnt bother me. I mainly play BAP type of modes. But, any chance that other areas get improve, Im okay with that
Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not at all because I don't use it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

RTG is so broken as it is. I usually try to play it every year thinking they've made it a little better but I end up giving up on the mode after a couple games. I wouldn't mind if they scrapped it all together.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

I like this idea a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

If placing game modes as D/L content truely free's up space on the disk; then I would be for having all game modes as D/L content minus the online portion. If it is a cost thing with Xbox live I would even pay an additional 5 bucks to play my offline dynasty. This is of course if they used every bit of space for a new game engine, and the most realistic college experience ever. It seems to me that, just as the OP mentioned, that the excuse with gameplay and detail is always disk space, well this option would eleviate that constriction and enable EA to delieve on their, "if it's in the game..." motto.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

The problem isn't disc space. If that was the case, they could always ship two discs with content on it. The problem is the memory of the consoles, there isn't enough there, or they haven't optimized their code well enough.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
The problem isn't disc space. If that was the case, they could always ship two discs with content on it. The problem is the memory of the consoles, there isn't enough there, or they haven't optimized their code well enough.
the code is old and broken. sliders that don't do exactly wut they say, ratings that don't mean anything or mean something else other than their description? it's nonsense really.....I'm shocked that we keep buying this game week 1 at full retail when it comes nearly broken.

RTG? can't choose quarter duration? STILL haven't fixed play calling? nerfed the scrambling QB?

the biggest travesty, custom playbooks? At the very least explain why it's broken or why you designed it in such a way that the playbooks aren't ACTUALLY customizable. Especially since in last gen, I was able to pick EXACTLY which formations I wanted. None of this "you reached the minimum number of plays in your coaching strategy" nonsense. We're required to keep plays we dont wanna run?

Sorry, off topic. As far as the OP is concerned, I would download RTG if it was free with the online pass but there's a good chance I'll buy the game used and then i'll have to pay for the Online pass or not....unless they can fix the other issues, why bother? the game usually ships 45% done anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »