Home

Release and Route Running?

This is a discussion on Release and Route Running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Release and Route Running?

Created a receiver prospect in the 4th year of my dynastry, good speed, average acceleration, but not so great route running and great "release". I thought because release was listed above PRESS, that this was it's opposite (you kno, how receivers get off the line of scrimmage). I still don't kno wut release is for, but I did not realize route running has nothing to do with routes. It has everything to do with getting out of press coverage.

It seems like every corner in the game, even the crappy ones have press coverages over 85....I'm playing Duke and my all-americans are being jammed? come on now....altho, somehow, Duke has managed to get B+ talent in the last couple of years :youknowface:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Release and Route Running?

Route running is important in rainny conditions, how sharp the cuts are on routes like flag routes, and instrumental in comeback routes(basically, if the WR RTE is > than the corners Man coverage, he will get open. If the opposite is true, the db will intercept or knock it down every time).

Release is basically getting off press coverage. A CB might only be 85 overall, but if his press is higher thanyour release, and the defense is in press coverage, then he's gonna jam you up at the line pretty good.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

dirtboyz's Arena

OVR: 5

the guides by other members dissecting the game have figured that 80 in both are for an average player AA/play maker will be higher.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

So release is about getting off the line? Because my dude had it up in the 90s, but he was literally being held on the line. Hmmmm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »