Home

Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
"Custom playbooks and the coaching carousel were welcome additions, but not exactly genre-defining features. "

...followed by 2 paragraphs of things that aren't 'genre-defining' to me. I probably get more from coaching carousel than any other feature in any football game since franchise was added.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
I do agree with a lot but playing quite a bit I can tell a difference in the RB with power vs speed speciality with pretty much the same stats. The feel is different IMO. I do wish a lot more plays actually worked in the playbook though. I have quite a few but there are tons that just won't work
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8
Presentation/Atmosphere/Stat overlays/CPU D fixes. Those are the 4 things that I hope they fix in the next game.

College games are ridiculously loud but when playing this game it's hardly exciting at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

How to make recruiting more challenging. My 2 cents. Recruits should start the year with no stars. After an inital scouting/recruiting phase. The players with the most interest from schools should get the highest stars (which i think how it works with the scouting systems). SO, stars should be based on demand.

Also, coaches should have scouting ratings (A - great eye for talent, F- throw in the dark). You might peg a player high based off scouted ratings, but he might be worse/better when he shows up on campus.

These are what I call recruiting curve-balls that would make recruiting more challenging, realistic, and different. The way it is now, its too clean cut.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 16
The NCAA and Madden series are starting to become a virtual gaming reality TV series. Nothing really changes in American Idol, Survivor, The Amazing Race, etc. It's the same product with different players and locations. NCAA developers need to go back to the point when not only playing a game was fun and entertaining, but controlling a school was too. Bring back suspensions, pre-game predictions, a deeper RTG mode, make it fun and challenging and not just by boosting tendencies like the super LBs. I can appreciate the challenge of being a real head coach, OC or DC in college football so add some drama to it.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
head coaches play editor was good, but i remember NCAA 00 or 99 for the PS1 that had an amazing play editor. I remember creating a quad option from the I were you could either hand off to the FB, pitch to the RB, pitch to the WR on a Reverse or keep with the QB. You could even select what direction you wanted players to block like: run block left, middle, or right and same for passing.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Please ALL I ask is make me friggin care about my team/ each game.
Do that in the way of atmosphere. I'm not even gunna say presentation because to them that means adding 15 more entrances.

Yes, I hate all the gameplay issues, trust me, but okay you can play a football game but the crowd is TOTALLY dead. Wtf?
That's why I LOVE college football. If I wanted to watch super polished football I'd watch NFL, but i prefer NCAA.
The players care more.
The fans care way more.

Make a good new superstar mode! Ever since they've used the name 'Road to Glory' it's been horrible. I hope they just change the name and go a totally different route.

Gosh I want this game to be good. So bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNAVYbeatarmy
How to make recruiting more challenging. My 2 cents. Recruits should start the year with no stars. After an inital scouting/recruiting phase. The players with the most interest from schools should get the highest stars (which i think how it works with the scouting systems). SO, stars should be based on demand.

Also, coaches should have scouting ratings (A - great eye for talent, F- throw in the dark). You might peg a player high based off scouted ratings, but he might be worse/better when he shows up on campus.

These are what I call recruiting curve-balls that would make recruiting more challenging, realistic, and different. The way it is now, its too clean cut.

I like it. Recruiting definitely needs a change of direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »