Home

Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #65
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

I agree that the gameplay needs altering, and I also agree that coaching carousel (while loaded with potential) can be a lot better.

However, the "roulette wheel" recruiting format is preposterous. I used to coach college football, and I spent a lot of time recruting. At NO POINT was I ever sitting at my desk spinning a big wheel, hoping it would land on "Campus Lifestyle" when I was talking on the phone to a recruit.

Why can't we just ASK THE RECRUIT? They respond, we (the user) note their response, and we know how to proceed from there.

Also, I agree that rosters of 85 would be a huge help.

Last edited by IronVictory; 01-31-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #66
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Great list. I especially agree with the point in the first section about too many plays/routes being too successful or too prone to fail. This has been my gripe with pretty much every video football game I have ever played. It really limits the playbook, and makes the game boring.

I also agree on atmosphere. The visuals are already great. No need to touch this area. But the audio is woefully behind. I popped in 2004 the other day, and was shocked how much better the audio was in that game than what we have now. The crowd really came to life.

The only think I don't agree with is "New Features" part. There are already enough modes I don't use. LOL. I think it was '04 that had vintage teams in leather helmets. Seemed like a cool feature, but I only actually used it once. Although I do understand the marketing team needs something to sell.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #67
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Basically done with these games. They have not made progress really. It is usually one step forward 2 steps back with them.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 17
CPU reading your controller is the trump here. that KILLS this and madden. Half of football is deception. Play action, screens, draws, in EA football world you have to throw these plays out the window b/c if someone knows what you're doing it's no point. The point is to catch the other team off guard for potentially a big gain, also to keep them honest later on in the game so you can run other things out of the same formation.

When I call 5 wide shot gun formation and a QB keeper near the goaline, the defense is all up at the line. Audible to a pass play from the same formation and they all spread out to cover my wideouts! Audible back to my original QB keeper from the same formation and they leave the wideouts and crowd the line! UNACCEPTABLE and FAKE!

Not to mention DB's who have their backs turned to the ball but yet break towards wherever i'm throwing it without looking and right on time!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Question for the programmers out there: what is stopping EA from taking NCAA 06's engine and code, then just updating the graphics? I need to go change my pants after thinking about the possibility.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #70
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

A couple of things i'll add.

Can the CPU please actually run their offense correctly? Playing Georgia Tech is an easy win every time becaue the AI cannot run the option at all. Hell, Oregon is an easy win as well as the AI cannot run the option at all.

Have the ratings matter more thus creating individuality between players and stop having arbitrary animations override everything, like the DT throw away animation to the OG no matter the rating of both players.

Also, stop having the CPU be psychic, especially when you call blitz, because it can and DOES screw up the CPU offense, especially screen plays where they audible the screen man to block, thus not having an active route running reciever on the play.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
A couple of things i'll add.

Can the CPU please actually run their offense correctly? Playing Georgia Tech is an easy win every time becaue the AI cannot run the option at all. Hell, Oregon is an easy win as well as the AI cannot run the option at all.

Have the ratings matter more thus creating individuality between players and stop having arbitrary animations override everything, like the DT throw away animation to the OG no matter the rating of both players.

Also, stop having the CPU be psychic, especially when you call blitz, because it can and DOES screw up the CPU offense, especially screen plays where they audible the screen man to block, thus not having an active route running reciever on the play.
I hate that Animation. I give up so much sacks and run for losses because of that. DEs should get more pressure. I dont even worry about DEs. DEs should get a bulk of the pressure.
I got a 5 star DE(2nd in class) and I dont think he will get over 5 sacks in a season. Because he doesnt have great speed. But, I see a 74 DT that can get about 10 sacks a year because of that animation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5
The physics and CPU pass defense are my biggest hates. I don't even bother with recruiting power HBs anymore, because I know the 165 lb. CB for the CPU can stuff my 245 lb. back at the line every time. Ridiculous!! And that LB that can swat a pass intended for my TE 15 yards behind him...Really EA? My other favorite that no one has really tackled is the psychic CPU O-line. If you go back and watch the O-line when you blitz, they automatically know where the blitz is coming from as the ball is snapped, and will skip certain defenders to make sure all your players get blocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »