Home

Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

For years, the NCAA Football series has sold well and enjoyed great reviews.

But this year, it feels like the tides of public opinion have shifted, and a series that once seemed immune to criticism is now subject to a growing wave of discontent. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes in the OS forums to see that dedicated sports gamers have a whole laundry list of complaints and suggestions.

In this article, I discuss five things that the NCAA Football 13 team could do to restore gamers’ faith in the series.

Read More - Five Things for NCAA Football 13
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
I couldnt agree more with the crowd noise. I remember on last-gen consoles during mid-play and approaching the endzone the crowd would start to ramp up then bust out when ya crossed the plane. I remember pausing the game and smiling the first time i heard it. It seems to be such a simple thing compared to what games are implementing today. Not sure why this is overlooked every year in both football games.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Presentation/atmosphere should absolutely be one of the main focuses this year... this game is in DESPERATE need of some personality.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
NCAA 13 won't be a first day purchase for me, might not be a purchase at all honestly. I can still play NCAA on PS2 and be happy.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I liked this and the Madden list. I think it touches on obvious things that need to be fixed.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Five Things to Improve NCAA Football 13

I often wonder what exactly goes on at the NCAA dev office. I know they set goals but do they set their goals as this write up explains? Do they say these are the 5 biggest improvements we need to concentrate on?

There wasn't a single thing in that article that stated the need of a new gimmick selling point. All 5 improvements stated would have me sold on this game. This is a game I haven't bought in years. I hear enough from those on OS that keep from buying it. The opinions on OS have the cons far outweighing the pros.

I friggin' long for the day I can sit and play an enjoyable football game again. But when I hear that physics and weight don't have impact on the game, when I hear that the atmosphere that is college football is dead and the AI knows your play know matter how many times you audible, not to mention the online and offline glitches, well, what can I say, I decide to keep my money.

I hope the development team is already knee deep working on these 5 issues alone and not some new gimmick that keeps NCAA football from being the greatest college football game ever made.

This is a great community with legit folks and it's articles like these that need to be listened to. Test, test, test, before you ship it out to the consumer.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Bugs, Bugs, Bugs. It's the only EA sports game I've ever trade in.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0
When the gameplay is tightened up, I'll be back. I can't sit here and whine about old features being in or not being in. If I saw a custom entrance, it was because I wasn't paying attention to skip it. I could not care less about the bells and whistles at this point. I simply want the game to mimic the actual sport. Too often I watch a game on TV and think, "That's simply not possible in NCAA/Madden." Happens with the 15-yard out, the fade, the spread/triple option, punt return TDs, blocked kicks, missed FGs, dominant defenders, a defender getting run over... (Sigh)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »