Home

The worst Recruiting problem.

This is a discussion on The worst Recruiting problem. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The worst Recruiting problem.

I took a break from NCAA Football to play Skyrim, but now I'm back to football.
I started playing again this week, and was reminded about a glitch I HATE!

I really need a center next year, and a tackle.
I've been winning championships for 4 years straight, but for some reason I can't get the best kids, and here's why:

The top 3 Centers (that will consider my school) are ALL going to Oregon.
The top 3 Tackles are ALL going to LSU.

What the hell?
The thing that really puts me over the top is, a couple of them haven't even been offered scholarships but are going there anyway!
This glitch has to be fixed, there is no way a top 10 kid would pick a school that 1. he has to walk on, 2. there are already other top 10 kids going there.

Has this been fixed? I haven't upgraded, and have been having issues connecting my XBox through WiFi (without an XBox WiFi receiver) and haven't gotten it to share my Mac's WiFi on an Ethernet line consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The worst Recruiting problem.

umm get a pipeline state ?????????????????????????? that produces the best centers and tackels
Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBean
I took a break from NCAA Football to play Skyrim, but now I'm back to football.
I started playing again this week, and was reminded about a glitch I HATE!

I really need a center next year, and a tackle.
I've been winning championships for 4 years straight, but for some reason I can't get the best kids, and here's why:

The top 3 Centers (that will consider my school) are ALL going to Oregon.
The top 3 Tackles are ALL going to LSU.

What the hell?
The thing that really puts me over the top is, a couple of them haven't even been offered scholarships but are going there anyway!
This glitch has to be fixed, there is no way a top 10 kid would pick a school that 1. he has to walk on, 2. there are already other top 10 kids going there.
Well, if you've never gotten any of the patches, that may be part of the problem (but you should do a google search for what the patches even covered). Is this an EVERY year thing or just this one season? It's possible that in your dynasty, LSU and Oregon have gotten pipelines into the states where those centers or tackles come from and they had to put in very little work to recruit them.

The other thing is, you just have to accept that you won't always get the top center and tackle when you HAVE to have a center and tackle. If you ever have a year where you REALLY want a good player at a certain position, get to your pre-season screen, save, then click on recruiting, it'll ask if you want to make a prospect, create him, make him from your school's state and almost 99% of the time, that prospect is interested in your school (if ur a 5 or 6 star). And make sure he's at the top of ur list and just pound him with pitches, u'll get him.

The reason I say to save is so that in case he's not interested in ur school, you can re-load, do it again or not do it and you get a new set of recruits. That's if u really want it. For me, I try to recruit a tackle every year no matter what the roster says, that way I have depth for injuries and guys who come in to play as redshirt sophs or juniors.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I pretty much only recruit Tackles for my O-line. Sometimes I'll get a Guard, but I mostly go after Tackles since I always redshirt my OL recruits, and I can then move them inside to Guard or Center before the next season's recruiting class to fill depth issues (I always have 3-deep at all five OL positions so I never have them as a Need). Also, OL typically move up in their overall rating as you move them from T to G to C.

You may ask "what does this have to do with schools over-recruiting top players at a position of need?" If you're 3 deep, then you never "need" in a weak recruiting year. That doesn't mean I don't recruit them every year. I usually recruit 3-4 every year, but I don't have to waste time on a 3rd string OL that takes away from getting that DE/LB/RB/WR that I really need.

Last edited by VonRye; 02-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I pretty much only recruit Tackles for my O-line. Sometimes I'll get a Guard, but I mostly go after Tackles since I always redshirt my OL recruits, and I can then move them inside to Guard or Center before the next season's recruiting class to fill depth issues (I always have 3-deep at all five OL positions so I never have them as a Need). Also, OL typically move up in their overall rating as you move them from T to G to C.

You may ask "what does this have to do with schools over-recruiting top players at a position of need?" If you're 3 deep, then you never "need" in a weak recruiting year. That doesn't mean I don't recruit them every year. I usually recruit 3-4 every year, but I don't have to waste time on a 3rd string OL that takes away from getting that DE/LB/RB/WR that I really need.
They need to make recruits aware of others that sign. This would make development of 3*s more important.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
They need to make recruits aware of others that sign. This would make development of 3*s more important.
I agree. Especially with the hoarding of the big schools at the skill positions.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBean
THIS!!! It's been happening for years. There are tons of kids who commit to schools who didn't offer them. I'll be his only offer, yet somehow he still goes to the school he wanted all along. EA has never addressed this.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

While that isn't the worst recruiting problem, it is certainly in the top 3. I would add FB's into the same group as centers. During PRESEASON of this most recent OD I'm in, there were fullbacks already green to schools, before recruiting even began. It just seems like some guys have predetermined outcomes, no matter how hard you recruit.

I recently bought the time saver adviser thing just so I could see how many minutes schools were putting on recruits, and more often than not, I was out-recruiting a school my 30-40 minutes a week and falling behind a little bit more each week. The recruits #1 to a mile to schools barely recruiting them and not even having a scholarship offer is ridiculous and not realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »