Home

NCAA Needs National Signing Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Needs National Signing Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Needs National Signing Day

have a generic signing announcement...create a view body styles and make it to where some kids just commit over the phone and some wanting to do a presser with 3-5 hats with the team logo on it sitting on the table and they choose their school..wouldnt think itd take up that much space on the disk
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm not a fan of the decommits for hard commits. Now if someone carries a soft verbal into NSD then let the games begin but for hard commits to switch with such small rosters I just can't agree with that. Only way a hard commit should decommit if there is a coaching change within the program they commited to then i don't have a problem with that. Not everytime but if coach prestige was important to them It can happen.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #19
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
I've been wanting a national signing day along with an AA high school football game to get a feel of how your recruit plays before going after him for a scholarship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i don't mind a National Signing Day where they show you where the top recruits land and rank the recruiting classes but i hate National Signing Day. It's become a sideshow especially with ESPN's all day coverage of it. These are high school kids, how about they prove something before we treat them like superstars. Half of these kids you never hear about again because they made their name playing against mediocre talent. I hate what signing day has become.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Needs National Signing Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I'm not a fan of the decommits for hard commits. Now if someone carries a soft verbal into NSD then let the games begin but for hard commits to switch with such small rosters I just can't agree with that. Only way a hard commit should decommit if there is a coaching change within the program they commited to then i don't have a problem with that. Not everytime but if coach prestige was important to them It can happen.

This is a good point. With 70 man rosters, having a last minute decommit could really really leave you thin at certain positions. Think if it happened with a kicker or punter...I don't know about you guys but I only recruit two of those guys every 4 years.

A realistic way to counter that would be to have "fall back" players available at the last minute. This happens in real life all the time. Stud 4 star recruit switches schools last minute and the Big Time U where he was originally committed swoops in and grabs Joe Schmoe 3 star from MAC conference school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #22
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
85 man rosters is needed for a realistic college football experience
Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #23
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
85 man rosters is needed for a realistic college football experience
I only like this if recruits become aware of signings at there position. If not the CPU will just hoard more good players. Say if you sign 2 QBs in a class the third one you have on your board drops you from first to 9th if they have similar prestige. Then lets say between those 2 you establish your guy so the other decides to transfer. Also we should be able to suggest transfers.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
What they need in this game more than anything else is more atmosphere and on field activity and crowd activity. College Gameday, chain gangs,, whole coaching staff with trainers, not ps2 sidelines, sidelines celebrate on big plays, crowd chants with actual movement, crowd storming field, stats and commentary about past games, hyping players up. Back to college gameday...the damn head gear selection by corso. How can this stuff be left out ea? Lively student sections. Who agrees?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »