Home

Athlete all Ds

This is a discussion on Athlete all Ds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Athlete all Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
I'm getting the feeling that no matter how many good examples are being proposed he keeps going back to some random 16pt drop at the exact moment a decision is made. if NCAA12 is doing that, I disagree with them.

this is turning into a lost cause because the examples are being either skewed or disregarded.

as to your point, I'll use myself in Baseball. I was a prospect pitcher and shortstop early on in highschool, could throw a decent fastball and a nasty curve. a shoulder injury derailed my pitching future, I could still throw hard and with control but not without pain. I moved to the outfield for the last 2 years, went to college and started struggling with my bat... thought about pitching again but guess what... fastball had lost about 8mph and my slot for a curve dropped about 4 inches to get any sort of break, which basically meant that a decent batter could spot my curve coming before I even released the pitch. I had let my pitching ability slide to the point where against competition it was useless, against joe schmo they aren't going to see the difference between my pitches. so while my velocity didn't drop my skill as a pitcher had.
Exactly! That was my exact point. But I forgot to mention the other side of my position change in high school...they put me in the game at times to play DB when a guy needed a spell. And where I used to be a solid guy in coverage before my switch, I had lost some technique and ability to cover certain routes after it...I sacrificed some ability at DB in order to work hard and perfect my new position
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Thread jacked
Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #43
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
Thread jacked
Well kinda lol...there's some rhyme and reason behind where this thread went
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #44
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
The funny thing is to me it's not about tha or thp. This is just the example I'm using. What i'm more worried about is moving a S to LB and suddenly they lose their ability to cover or moving a LB to WDE and they suddenly get slower. I think that's crazy. Those skills are the reason they are moved to their position and they would degrade extremely fast under the system you propose. That's why I don't like the idea because it will be applied with little logic.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

The system that is being talked about is to have your converted player slowly lose attribute points, not all at once, so maybe a point or two each year. Speed would probably be something that would not change, though acceleration would probably be affected.

But back to the original posting: It really is pointless to recruit athletes because they, like someone said earlier, are basically a player with a hidden position. I hardly ever go after athletes, unless I'm in need of a WR or HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #46
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
The funny thing is to me it's not about tha or thp. This is just the example I'm using. What i'm more worried about is moving a S to LB and suddenly they lose their ability to cover or moving a LB to WDE and they suddenly get slower. I think that's crazy. Those skills are the reason they are moved to their position and they would degrade extremely fast under the system you propose. That's why I don't like the idea because it will be applied with little logic.
this I agree with, the selection of a position shouldn't drastically change "core" attributes immediately. their awareness might suffer big time but yes a Safety with a 85 speed shouldn't be dropped to a 75speed just because he was changed to a LB.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #47
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
The system that is being talked about is to have your converted player slowly lose attribute points, not all at once, so maybe a point or two each year. Speed would probably be something that would not change, though acceleration would probably be affected.

But back to the original posting: It really is pointless to recruit athletes because they, like someone said earlier, are basically a player with a hidden position. I hardly ever go after athletes, unless I'm in need of a WR or HB.
Why acceleration? And for what positions up or down?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #48
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
this I agree with, the selection of a position shouldn't drastically change "core" attributes immediately. their awareness might suffer big time but yes a Safety with a 85 speed shouldn't be dropped to a 75speed just because he was changed to a LB.
a ten point drop is dramatic but it's not realistic to move a safety down to linebacker, not expect him to put on weight and keep his 85 speed. 3 points, even 4 is still within reason, especially if ur replacing an LB who was only a 78 at spd.

No one is saying nerf all the ratings but you upset the balance of the game when ur just able to over recruit athletes and have overpowered players at certain positions. The main reason these athletes are so bland is because in last gen, there were a bevy of athletes coming in who would be All-american skilled DEs and LBs. They basically broke the athlete pool to prevent that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »