Home

Athlete all Ds

This is a discussion on Athlete all Ds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #49
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
a ten point drop is dramatic but it's not realistic to move a safety down to linebacker, not expect him to put on weight and keep his 85 speed. 3 points, even 4 is still within reason, especially if ur replacing an LB who was only a 78 at spd.

No one is saying nerf all the ratings but you upset the balance of the game when ur just able to over recruit athletes and have overpowered players at certain positions. The main reason these athletes are so bland is because in last gen, there were a bevy of athletes coming in who would be All-american skilled DEs and LBs. They basically broke the athlete pool to prevent that.
It should depend on how much he weighs when I get him, if I dont want him to go over a certain weight (WLB) and what system I'm running. Just because I move him to LB doesn't mean i want him to gain weight. I see S in this game that come in at 225. That's all I need at my WLB spot. From there he can gain weight on his natural path and be fine. Also i want to control his offseason plan by setting the workouts based on position.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 02-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #50
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Athlete all Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
But back to the original posting: It really is pointless to recruit athletes because they, like someone said earlier, are basically a player with a hidden position. I hardly ever go after athletes, unless I'm in need of a WR or HB.
You can usually figure out what position the player is based on his ratings.

One thing I find useful about ATH is that they don't always fit the molds of position players.

For example I signed a ATH who's only fit was RB. He was a pure power back and had 99 BTK, 99 TRK and mid 80's STR. That isn't rare for a high ranking power back listed as a HB. The cool thing was he was 6'4 260 as a senior. Size doesn't actually matter in the game but it was still fun running with a bowling ball. True RBs never end up that big.

Another example was an ATH turned DE who had much higher AGI & ACC than normal DE prospects. He was also 6'8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »