Home

Position change RB to QB

This is a discussion on Position change RB to QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Position change RB to QB

Anyone have any success trying this out? I more curious as to how an incoming frosh 5 star rb would progress in the throwing attributes over the course of a career if changed to QB, Redshirted, etc in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Position change RB to QB

Even if he progressed equal to any other QB, at most you're talking 4 or 5 points on THP and THA per offseason. If he starts out at 40 a piece, he won't even be serviceable by the time he is a Senior unless you're running 80 times a game.

But there are a number of recruits that come in with THP-THA in the 60's at various non-QB position, that is when it may be worth it. He still won't progress to be a great QB, but he'll work well enough to man the position. I've moved a HB to QB a few times, but in both cases they had upper 70's or better THP-THA either as a recruit or as an existing player on rosters that I moved the first offseason. Every year during position changes, my very first thing to look at is sort the whole roster by THA. If a non-QB recruit has good THA and decent speed and I don't need him at his current position, I'll for sure move him.

I definitely wouldn't move a 5 star RB out of the RB position. If you are so loaded at RB that you can't use this guy, move him somewhere like FB or even WR. I've also had some RB recruits come in that made great TE's.

What are you trying to do offensively?
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

jarato's Arena

Was considering goin mostly option, spread and traditional
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

jarato's Arena

Probably something like air force's playbook with a mix of everything
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Rookie

MidMajorMania's Arena

OVR: 2

QB's will only progress in THP about 1 or 2 points per year. It's definitely not worth it unless you're running it 80 times a game like PowerofRed suggested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

jarato's Arena

Just throwing out ideas I guess, got a 6'6" 231 lbs speed back and not sure where to put him. Maybe TE or WR.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
Just throwing out ideas I guess, got a 6'6" 231 lbs speed back and not sure where to put him. Maybe TE or WR.
Do you have other RB's? With that size, you could make him the dive back (FB) in the option. If he is fast and with that size, you could easily make him one of the wing players in the Flexbone, that way he could carry the ball as well as use his size downfield on passes.

In the spread option, I would keep him at HB but move him to the slot to make him the pitch back in formations like Shotgun 4WR Trio, Wing Offset, etc. If he can catch even a little bit, that size and speed will be great to have in the pass game.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Rookie

jarato's Arena

I'll take that into consideration. Yes I have two backs that will be seniors next year along with another incoming 5 star freshman at RB who is more balanced type. I plan on adding a few plays and editing some formations from LSUs multiple style playbook. Still haven't decided if I want to include flexbone or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »