Home

Tips on using Defensive Tackles

This is a discussion on Tips on using Defensive Tackles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3
Tips on using Defensive Tackles

Can I get some tips on how to use DTs and how to keep them from stumbling forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tips on using Defensive Tackles

When my guys are engaged with an o-lineman I tend to use the right stick and my guy falls to the ground a lot. How can I prevent this? What causes this?

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

Don't use the right stick until you are engaged with the blocker. Look to see how you are engaged, if you are straight up, hit the right stick up, this will help to disengage and run around, if you are to the left, hit left, and to the right hit right on the right stick. It's all about leverage. Rarely do you want to hit down on the stick, usually you'll end up just getting pushed straight down. I have a lot of success with the method just described, generally have around 10 sacks with at least one of my DT's per season, many times with both.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Don't use the right stick until you are engaged with the blocker. Look to see how you are engaged, if you are straight up, hit the right stick up, this will help to disengage and run around, if you are to the left, hit left, and to the right hit right on the right stick. It's all about leverage. Rarely do you want to hit down on the stick, usually you'll end up just getting pushed straight down. I have a lot of success with the method just described, generally have around 10 sacks with at least one of my DT's per season, many times with both.
What difficulty do you play on?

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 02-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
What difficulty do you play on?
His method works on AA with hard sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
His method works on AA with hard sliders.
Exactly. In our OD we start off with base AA sliders and then jack them up a bit. We've been increasing the cpu block ratings each year but this is the general method no matter what the settings are. I don't think it's too big of a secret, you just have to get a feel for how your stick movements affect the interaction with the OL in each situation. It's far from a sure thing that you'll get a lot of sacks this way, a lot of the times I'll have games where I don't get any sacks, then have one where I get 8, with several from DT's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »